Working With Ericsson R380 Emulator

Jasim

3/13/2002 3:08:00 PM

hi all,

i need help finding information about Ericsson Emulator
R380, its download link, documentation and what setting do
i have to use to see my Mobile Application on this
emulator.

my application works gine with MME 3.0 but i want to use
any other Emulator to check it.

anyone who has used this or any other emulator please
provide me with some information regarding this.

thanx.
-jasim
4 Answers

Shanku Niyogi

To download the Ericsson R380 emulator (or any other Ericsson emulator), you
will need to register with the Ericsson Mobility World, at
http://www.ericsson.com/mobi... (look in the left column for the
registration link). Once you register, you will find a link called "Open
Zone". Click on that, then on "WAP", and then "Tools & Enablers" in the
left sidebar, and you're there.

Other emulators you can use include OpenWave or Nokia (available from their
respective sites, although in some cases you may also need to register).

Shanku

"Jasim" <jasim_iqbal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> i need help finding information about Ericsson Emulator
> R380, its download link, documentation and what setting do
> i have to use to see my Mobile Application on this
> emulator.
>
> my application works gine with MME 3.0 but i want to use
> any other Emulator to check it.
>
> anyone who has used this or any other emulator please
> provide me with some information regarding this.
>
> thanx.
> -jasim

Jasim Iqbal

hi,
thanx for reply.

i did install the r380 Simulator but when i try to visit
my site .. http://RailResv... (my own website,
using IIS 5.0), it gives an error 404. i also did try ..
http://localhost/(.. File location).

i did try all this on MME, it worked in both the cases, i
also checked it on Internet Exploreer site works fine ..
could u figure out what i am missing here or i should do
to overcome this problem. One thing more i havent
installed any WAP GAteway.

thanx in advance.
-jasim

Shanku Niyogi

The R380 Emulator requires you to use a gateway. You can go to the system
settings in the emulation environment, and configure a gateway. You can
either get a test gateway from Ericsson or Nokia sites (last I checked), or
use one of the public ones available on the internet (such as at
http://www.wap...). (Please keep in mind that MMIT has not been
officially tested with some of the less common gateways, including the WAP
tunnel gateway)

If you use a public gateway (on the internet), you must (a) have any
firewall you use configured to open the port (usually 9201) for UDP, and (b)
have your site visible from the internet.

Whether you're using a private or public gateway, you will always need to
use the real URL name, instead of "localhost", because the gateway needs to
be able to resolve the URL back to your computer.

Shanku

"Jasim Iqbal" <jasim_iqbal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> thanx for reply.
>

> i did install the r380 Simulator but when i try to visit
> my site .. http://RailResv... (my own website,
> using IIS 5.0), it gives an error 404. i also did try ..
> http://localhost/(.. File location).
>
> i did try all this on MME, it worked in both the cases, i
> also checked it on Internet Exploreer site works fine ..
> could u figure out what i am missing here or i should do
> to overcome this problem. One thing more i havent
> installed any WAP GAteway.
>
> thanx in advance.
> -jasim

rajtpo

your given link is not existing...kindly suggest us so good link.