smrichards

3/11/2002 4:59:00 PM

I haven't had a chance to run throught he discussion
thread looking for answers, but I have spent a decent
amount of time on multiple websites and I'm yet to see
some good coverage in regards to the differences between
developing mobile apps for pocket pc versus palm.
Mainly my mobile app will run on devices using Pocket PC,
such as radio frequency guns used in warehouses. My worry
is that Palm seems to have a strong hold on management
level employees, and there is some reporting and info
lookup functionality that I can see manangers utilizing.
Does anyone know what considerations are involved with
making an app work with both Pocket PC and Palm?
1 Answer

Palm Programmer

I'm afraid there is no way to port an app written for
CE/Pocket PC to Palm.
Pocket PC is a shrunk down PC OS.
PalmOS on the other hand, is a real embedded system. For
instance, it runs on 15/30 Mhz processors and has a 40K
heap!