is there a limitation for Content-Length ?

sandal

3/8/2002 10:24:00 PM

Hi, everyone ,
There is a "Content-Length" field in a HTTP head, anyone
knows that if there is a maximum length for it? I am
wondering if this is the reason that my mobile
application returns an error on a certain form.
Thanks for any help.

1 Answer

Shanku Niyogi

Yes, many WAP devices have a limitation on how big the response can be. Note
that this is not the actual size of the page output - the WAP gateway
compiles the response into compiled WML (WMLC) and sends it in a packet to
the phone, along with any information for the phone. (Depending on the
phone, the gateway may even convert the WML into compiled HDML, a
predecessor language of WML). The size of this packet must be less than a
certain length?

How do you find this length? Some gateways publish it in the headers; MMIT
captures these values and exposes them through the somewhat misnamed
MaximumRenderedPageSize property of MobileCapabilities. But, because of the
above issue, it is not practical to do exact counting of page output.

For some tips on how you can deal with this issue, check the product
documentation, under the topic "Dealing with Deck Size Limits".

Shanku

1) The size of the response includes