Re: rd2.exe for Win32

Berger, Daniel

9/30/2003 4:25:00 PM

Ok, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and created a
.bat file. But, still, I'm curious.

Dan

PS - I'm top posting because Outlook is being a pain and I can't seem to
disable formatting junk. Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Berger, Daniel [mailto:djberge@qwest.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:19 AM
To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
Subject: rd2.exe for Win32

Hi all,

Ruby 1.6.8 and 1.8.0

Chris Morris' post reminded me that I'd like to get an rd2.exe file on my
Win32 system. I installed optparse (for 1.6.8) and racc.

First, with 1.6.8 I got a segfault when I attempted to run "ruby -r
exerb/mkrbc exerb":

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/racc/parser.rb:43: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.6.8 (2002-12-24) [i586-mswin32]

Ok, next thing I tried was building with 1.8. This time things seemed to
build ok, although I did get a few of these warnings:

C:/ruby180/lib/ruby/site_ruby/optparse.rb:1001: warning: character class has
`]' without escape

But, the .rbc and .mak file were generated. Running "exerb rd2.rbc" seemed
to work fine, and I can see an rd2.exe file. However, it segfaults whenever
I try to use it:

C:\>rd2 service.rd2 > service.html

kconv.rb:1: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.6.8 (2002-12-24) [i586-mswin32]

way.

Why is ruby 1.6.8 showing up in the segfault?

How do I make this work? Or even better, does someone have a working
rd2.exe for Windows XP Pro they would be willing to share? :)

Regards,

Dan