Re: The Uncertainty Principle Is Untenable

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

9/30/2003 12:16:00 AM

Hi!

* ada; 2003-09-29, 18:22 UTC:
> please reply to hdgbyi@public.guangzhou.gd.cn
> thank you.

You did accidentally post to a non-physics group. Consider canceling
it.

> By re-analysing Heisenberg's Gamma-Ray Microscope experiment and
> the ideal experiment from which the uncertainty principle is
> derived, it is actually found that the uncertainty principle can
> not be obtained from them. It is therefore found to be untenable.

Just let me drop *one* sentence on that: In natural sciences the
falsification of a theory does not mean showing that it cannot be
derived from a certain experiment but showing that it *contradicts* a
certain experiment.

Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
*Warning!* For sending me messages > 100 kB you need my explicit
permission. Otherwise they will be silently discarded.

6 Answers

Tim Bates

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:15:30AM +0900, Josef Schugt wrote:
> * ada; 2003-09-29, 18:22 UTC:
> > please reply to hdgbyi@public.guangzhou.gd.cn
> > thank you.
>
> You did accidentally post to a non-physics group. Consider canceling
> it.

This is not an accident - this is actually spam. It''s the weirdest spam
I ever did see, and doesn''t look like it''s going to make anyone any
money, but it has most of the other characteristics of spam: the body of
the message asking you to reply to an address other than the sender''s,
the outgoing mailserver (218.19.33.25 - a Chinese IP) not matching the
sender''s address (hotmail.com); the mailserver''s name being invalid
("gbh-1vnpehxr63g"). This has all the hallmarks of a spam mail, without
containing any sales content whatsoever. This is how new-age spam
filters need to catch things.

Oh, and to keep the OT Police happy, please don''t reply to this mail
lest we start a big thread based only on spam. :)

Tim Bates
--
tim@bates.id.au

Eric Hodel

Josef ''Jupp'' Schugt (jupp@gmx.de) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> * ada; 2003-09-29, 18:22 UTC:
> > please reply to hdgbyi@public.guangzhou.gd.cn
> > thank you.
>
> You did accidentally post to a non-physics group. Consider canceling
> it.
>
> > By re-analysing Heisenberg''s Gamma-Ray Microscope experiment and
> > the ideal experiment from which the uncertainty principle is
> > derived, it is actually found that the uncertainty principle can
> > not be obtained from them. It is therefore found to be untenable.
>
> Just let me drop *one* sentence on that: In natural sciences the
> falsification of a theory does not mean showing that it cannot be
> derived from a certain experiment but showing that it *contradicts* a
> certain experiment.

What does this have to do with Ruby? Please keep the list on-topic, and
make your replies private, if they have nothing to do with Ruby.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...
All messages signed with fingerprint:

Gavin Sinclair

> Josef ''Jupp'' Schugt (jupp@gmx.de) wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> * ada; 2003-09-29, 18:22 UTC:
>> > please reply to hdgbyi@public.guangzhou.gd.cn
>> > thank you.
>>
>> You did accidentally post to a non-physics group. Consider canceling
>> it.
>>
>> > By re-analysing Heisenberg''s Gamma-Ray Microscope experiment and the
>> ideal experiment from which the uncertainty principle is
>> > derived, it is actually found that the uncertainty principle can not
>> be obtained from them. It is therefore found to be untenable.
>>
>> Just let me drop *one* sentence on that: In natural sciences the
>> falsification of a theory does not mean showing that it cannot be
>> derived from a certain experiment but showing that it *contradicts* a
>> certain experiment.
>
> What does this have to do with Ruby? Please keep the list on-topic, and
> make your replies private, if they have nothing to do with Ruby.

The last time I suggested the creation of an off-topic list, say
ruby-ot@ruby-lang.org, there was no enthusiasm, in fact no replies.

But the full potential of a community of knowledgeable people is not met
without off-topic discussion.

Gavin

James Britt

Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> The last time I suggested the creation of an off-topic list, say
> ruby-ot@ruby-lang.org, there was no enthusiasm, in fact no replies.

You may need to disguise such topics inside some spam in order to ensure
the most discussion.

James

Jason Creighton

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:46:16 +0900
James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb@seemyemail.com> wrote:

> Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> > The last time I suggested the creation of an off-topic list, say
> > ruby-ot@ruby-lang.org, there was no enthusiasm, in fact no replies.
> >

> You may need to disguise such topics inside some spam in order to ensure
> the most discussion.

hehe.

From: lazystudent@example.com
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
Subject: PLEASE HELP URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!!!
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:03:17 -0600

Dear Sir/Madam:

i require help plz, i need to setup off-topic "mailing list". i cannot
do my homework on my own, could u plz help me??????

thank you,

lzy stdnt.

[Come to think of it, I can''t wait until we get homework questions on
c.l.r, because it''ll mean that Ruby has filtered down to the Unwashed
Masses.]

Jason Creighton

Hal E. Fulton

Jason Creighton wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:46:16 +0900
> James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb@seemyemail.com> wrote:
>>You may need to disguise such topics inside some spam in order to ensure
>>the most discussion.
>
> hehe.
>
> From: lazystudent@example.com
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
> Subject: PLEASE HELP URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!!!
> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:03:17 -0600
>
> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> i require help plz, i need to setup off-topic "mailing list". i cannot
> do my homework on my own, could u plz help me??????
>
> thank you,
>
> lzy stdnt.

LOL

Actually I think we''ve seen one or two in the past already.
Always encouraging.

> [Come to think of it, I can''t wait until we get homework questions on
> c.l.r, because it''ll mean that Ruby has filtered down to the Unwashed
> Masses.]

Hmm, I haven''t showered yet, does that count?

Hal