RubyDotNet r4 and namespaces

James Britt

9/27/2003 1:44:00 AM

I grabbed the r4 release of RubyDotNet from
http://www.saltypickle.com/..., and it works great (well, on my
laptop. My main PC seems to have issues with multiple versions of the
.net framework installed).

I had no trouble writing my own C# class and calling it from Ruby
(pretty sweet). But I if put my class in a namespace I can't get the
Ruby code to find it. I get errors about an unknown constant (i.e., the
namespace for the C# class). I'm still new to C#, so the problem may
be with my code; are there any know issues with using
loadLibraryFromFile and instantiating a custom class contained in a
namespace?

On a side note, is there a connection between RubyDotNet at
saltypickle.com, and the rubydotnet at rubydotnet.sourceforge.net, other
the (confusing) use of essentially the same name?

Thanks,

James Britt