Focusing more on Ruby ... Windows ver?

Ron Jeffries

9/26/2003 2:53:00 PM

OK, after this C# book is over, I'll be getting back into Ruby more. It's more
fun in a number of ways.

Martin Fowler, who got me using XSLT, has begun doing more of his site
generation in Ruby, and frankly I'm feeling the same pain that he describes, so
I will surely be doing the same.

As I am a Windows user ... [pause for the booing to die down] ... I'm looking
for an easy and stable install for that platform. What's my best bet?

Thanks!

--
Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgr...

Lyle Johnson

Ron Jeffries wrote:

> As I am a Windows user ... [pause for the booing to die down] ... I''m looking
> for an easy and stable install for that platform. What''s my best bet?

http://rubyinstaller.sourc...

Thomas Sondergaard

> OK, after this C# book is over, I''ll be getting back into Ruby more. It''s
more
> fun in a number of ways.

What book? Are you writing it or reading it?

> Martin Fowler, who got me using XSLT [...]

Why did he do that to you? If he''d tried that stunt on me I would have been
forced to go out and burn my refactoring book, it''s the only fair pay-back
:-)

Thomas

Ron Jeffries

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:37:51 +0200, "Thomas Sondergaard"
<thomas@FirstNameGoesHereSondergaard.com> wrote:

>> OK, after this C# book is over, I''ll be getting back into Ruby more. It''s
>more
>> fun in a number of ways.
>
>What book? Are you writing it or reading it?

Writing it. Reading it wouldn''t have thrown me off of Ruby ;->

>> Martin Fowler, who got me using XSLT [...]
>
>Why did he do that to you? If he''d tried that stunt on me I would have been
>forced to go out and burn my refactoring book, it''s the only fair pay-back
>:-)

He gets to keep the royalty anyway. There must be something we could do ...

--
Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgr...