Re: TCPSocket.gethostbyname difficulties

Nathaniel Talbott

9/26/2003 1:40:00 AM

Peter [mailto:Peter.Vanbroekhoven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be] wrote:

> So the lookup
> process possibly needs to follow a chain of DNS servers, and
> I'm sure this is done by all browsers, but maybe not by ruby
> (although I'd expect that to be done by the OS or its libraries...)

Hmmmm... I thought TCPSocket.gethostbyname was basically a direct wrapper
for the gethostbyname C library function. It really surprises me that it
doesn't automatically follow the DNS servers itself.

Does anyone know how to get this to work? Even if I have to add more of my
own code, I need to be able to check if a given hostname is valid or not.

Thanks,

Nathaniel

<:((><

4 Answers

ts

N> Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Ask them to correctly register the address, it''s a .COM no ?

svg% host noblepack.com
noblepack.com has address 205.178.141.161
svg%

svg% host 205.178.141.161
Host 161.141.178.205.in-addr.arpa not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
svg%

Guy Decoux

Fred

Fred wrote:
> Robin T Cox wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:50:55 +0000, Fred wrote:
>>
>>> What would happen if a BNP member had behaved in the same way? Kids into
>>> care?
>>
>> Are any BNP members capable of having kids?
>>

> No of course you are right, probably not.

PS. And they probably all look like monkeys in the zoo, tee hee!

bob estes

"Robin T Cox" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:50:55 +0000, Fred wrote:
>
>> What would happen if a BNP member had behaved in the same way? Kids into
>> care?
>
> Are any BNP members capable of having kids?

I have two daughters at University...One studying Law the other studying
Nursing

So wrong again eh? *Cock*

jonah

On 23 Feb, 18:52, Fred <F...@Frednet.com> wrote:
> Fred wrote:
> > Robin T Cox wrote:

> >> Are anyBNPmembers capable of having kids?
>
> >    No of course you are right, probably not.
>
>     PS. And they probably all look like monkeys in the zoo, tee hee!

I didn't know that the inbred mutant paki muslims all support the BNP.
I thought they were the chosen ones of the
marxist liberal parasites.

Jonah