Re: Prove internet package for Microsoft Internet Explorer

Anthony Neville

9/25/2003 9:49:00 AM

>"Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message news:bku9nl$q6h$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg...
> Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com Guide
[...]

Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people's machines is so passé, so why not
do something productive like invade North Korea.

Tony.

14 Answers

Mark Wallace

Anthony Neville wrote:
>> "Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com
> Guide [...]
>
> Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;,
> so why not
> do something productive like invade North Korea.

I like the way his translator program or web-site has given "prove" for
"test". *So* cute. You could just snuggle him up, before wringing his
scrawny neck.

--
Mark Wallace
For the intelligent approach to nasty humour, visit:

tobasco

"Anthony Neville" <anthony.neville@paradise.org.nz> wrote in message

> >"Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com Guide
> [...]
>
> Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;, so
why not
> do something productive like invade North Korea.
>
> Tony.

250803/260803 [24-hour period] 98,205 infected computers - worldwide.

If only people were just as intelligent as you...

Tobasco

tobasco

"Anthony Neville" <anthony.neville@paradise.org.nz> wrote in message

> >"Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message
> > Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com Guide
> [...]
>
> Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;, so
why not
> do something productive like invade North Korea.
>
> Tony.

250803/260803 [24-hour period] 98,205 infected computers - worldwide.

If only people were just as intelligent as you...

Tobasco

Gary P

"Mark Wallace" <mwallace@dse.nl> wrote in message
> Anthony Neville wrote:
> >> "Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message
> > > Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com
> > Guide [...]
> >
> > Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;,
> > so why not
> > do something productive like invade North Korea.
>
> I like the way his translator program or web-site has given "prove" for
> "test". *So* cute. You could just snuggle him up, before wringing his
> scrawny neck.

It''s not wrong though.

He''s a dick, but "prove" does mean test.

From Merriam Webster

Main Entry: prove
Pronunciation: ''pr&#252;v
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): proved; proved or prov&#183;en /''pr&#252;-v&n, British also
''prO-/; prov&#183;ing /''pr&#252;-vi[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French prover, from Latin probare to
test, approve, prove, from probus good, honest, from pro- for, in favor
+ -bus (akin to Old English bEon to be) -- more at PRO-, BE
Date: 13th century
transitive senses
1 archaic : to learn or find out by experience
2 a : to test the truth, validity, or genuineness of <the exception proves
the rule> <prove a will at probate> b : to test the worth or quality of;
specifically : to compare against a standard -- sometimes used with up or
out c : to check the correctness of (as an arithmetic result)

begin 666 audio.gif
M1TE&.#EA$ `+`+,``,X`(?___P``````````````````````````````````
M`````````````````````"P`````$ `+```$(C#(&0"@F-HK>=Y>I8&6:''8D
3IT[I>K9=C)*R![L8J&4S.T4`.P``
`
end

Adrian Bailey

"Gary P" <askme@newsgroup> wrote in message
> "Mark Wallace" <mwallace@dse.nl> wrote in message
> > > Guide [...]
> > >
> > > Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;,
> > > so why not
> > > do something productive like invade North Korea.
> >
> > I like the way his translator program or web-site has given "prove" for
> > "test". *So* cute. You could just snuggle him up, before wringing his
> > scrawny neck.
>
> It''s not wrong though.
>
> He''s a dick, but "prove" does mean test.

Posts like this drain the will to live.

Adrian

Mark Wallace

Gary P wrote:
> "Mark Wallace" <mwallace@dse.nl> wrote in message
>>> Guide [...]
>>>
>>> Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;,
>>> so why not
>>> do something productive like invade North Korea.
>>
>> I like the way his translator program or web-site has given "prove"
>> for "test". *So* cute. You could just snuggle him up, before
>> wringing his scrawny neck.
>
> It''s not wrong though.
>
> He''s a dick, but "prove" does mean test.

Not in that context, when ''test'' and ''try'' are available. That''s the
problem with direct translations: They go for the most common parallel, so
the word that translated to ''prove'' must be used as we would use ''prove''
more than as we use ''test''.

--

tobasco wrote:
> "Anthony Neville" <anthony.neville@paradise.org.nz> wrote in message
>>
>>> "Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message
>> > Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com
>> Guide [...]
>>
>> Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;,
>> so why not do something productive like invade North Korea.
>
> 250803/260803 [24-hour period] 98,205 infected computers - worldwide.

What is the source of that data?

> If only people were just as intelligent as you...

Is there any specific reason why you decided to insult someone you have
never met, and who has said and done nothing offensive, or are you just an
arsehole?

That''s a rhetorical question. No need to answer.

--

> tobasco wrote:
> > "Anthony Neville" <anthony.neville@paradise.org.nz> wrote in message

> >> Guide [...]
> >>
> >> Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;,
> >> so why not do something productive like invade North Korea.
> >
> > 250803/260803 [24-hour period] 98,205 infected computers - worldwide.
>
> What is the source of that data?

MS

> > If only people were just as intelligent as you...
>
> Is there any specific reason why you decided to insult someone you have
> never met, and who has said and done nothing offensive, or are you just
an
> arsehole?
>
> That''s a rhetorical question. No need to answer.
>
> --
> Mark Wallace

Is it now really so difficult for you to be *objective*?

Tony wrote:
''Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;, so why
not do something productive like invade North Korea''

Is that not offensive in your book? Obviously not - so what else can we
expect
from you? ''Nothing'', I''m afraid.

dwjo

Anthony Neville

"tobasco" <tob@rca.cable.net> wrote in message news:3f72fd2e_6@news.athenanews.com...

> "Anthony Neville" <anthony.neville@paradise.org.nz> wrote in message
> >
> > >"Suhaimi" <pdfwenlpx@vmb.com> wrote in message
> > > Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com Guide
> > [...]
> >
> > Grow up little nerdy boy. Infecting people''s machines is so pass&#233;, so
> why not
> > do something productive like invade North Korea.
> >
> > Tony.
> >

> 250803/260803 [24-hour period] 98,205 infected computers - worldwide.
>
> If only people were just as intelligent as you...

Dreamer.

Tony.

Phil Wilson

As in "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----