Useko Netsumi

9/25/2003 6:54:00 AM

Hello ~

I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table
contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with line returns.
I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field
in Access.

I have the following structure in my Word table:

Column1: Photo# (alphanumeric,single line)
Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp)
Column3: Description(text, multiline)
Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line)
Column5: Notes(text, multiline)

I look forward to your recommendations.

Thanks

PS: I'm using OfficeXP.

1 Answer

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Hi!

* Useko Netsumi; 2003-09-25, 12:58 UTC:
> I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original
> Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated
> with line returns. I would like to retain these multiple lines
> within in each destination field in Access.

First try would be copy''n''paste (perhaps with an intermediate step of
pasting the table to notepad).

Next try: Export to CSV import to CSV.

If the latter fails some cleaning up using Ruby may help. CSV parser
for Ruby is available.

Just my 0.02 EUR.

Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!

Josef ''Jupp'' Schugt
--
*Warning!* For sending me messages > 100 kB you need my explicit
permission. Otherwise they will be silently discarded.