Re: Win32 graphics library

Mark Wilson

9/25/2003 5:16:00 AM

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 12:40 AM, Joe Cheng wrote:

> Hi Rubyists,
>
> Is there a Ruby library out there for Win32 that will do simple image
> manipulations? Specifically I want to resize (with high quality
> resampling)
> and rotate JPG or PNG files.
>
> [snip]

Well, it's not win32, but ImageMagick + rmagick will, reportedly, work
with cygwin. rmagick is available here:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?na...

Regards,

Mark

3 Answers

Joe Cheng

> Well, it''s not win32, but ImageMagick + rmagick will, reportedly, work
> with cygwin. rmagick is available here:

Thanks Mark. I''ll use those if I have to, but I''m hoping to find something
more lightweight; I''d rather my users not have to download and install
Cygwin, ImageMagick *and* Ruby.

Clifford Heath

Mark Wilson wrote:
> Well, it''s not win32, but ImageMagick + rmagick will, reportedly, work
> with cygwin. rmagick is available here:

Won''t rmagick work with the native Win32 DLLs available from
<http://www.imagemagick.org/www/windows...

Stanislav Karchebny

&#247; OIIAYAIEE IO 25 oAIONAOO 2003 19:01 Joe Cheng IA?EOAI(a):
> > Well, it''s not win32, but ImageMagick + rmagick will, reportedly, work
> > with cygwin. rmagick is available here:
>
> Thanks Mark. I''ll use those if I have to, but I''m hoping to find something
> more lightweight; I''d rather my users not have to download and install
> Cygwin, ImageMagick *and* Ruby.

Won''t GD do? It needs some other libs like libz, libpng and libjpeg but those
are portable as well..

--
keep in touch. berkus. -- http://lye...