Re: TimeoutError in Net::HTTP get and post

Nathaniel Talbott

9/24/2003 12:02:00 AM

Carl Youngblood [mailto:carl@youngbloods.org] wrote:

> Was this just a stupid question or does nobody know the answer? Or
> another option I guess would be that everyone is too busy.

Hmmm... I just tried to get Net::HTTP#post to raise a TimeoutError by
mounting a little WEBrick proc that slept 20 seconds before responding, and
#post never timed out for me. Can you give a small, complete example that
causes the TimeoutError?

Nathaniel

<:((><

6 Answers

Carl Youngblood

Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
> Carl Youngblood [mailto:carl@youngbloods.org] wrote:
>

>>Was this just a stupid question or does nobody know the answer? Or
>>another option I guess would be that everyone is too busy.
>

> Hmmm... I just tried to get Net::HTTP#post to raise a TimeoutError by
> mounting a little WEBrick proc that slept 20 seconds before responding, and
> #post never timed out for me. Can you give a small, complete example that
> causes the TimeoutError?
>

> Nathaniel
>
> <:((><

I think the get and post timeout is set to 60 seconds by default. Your
script would probably work if you increased the waiting time. My script
only times out every once in a while since it is accessing a real web
server that usually responds in time.

Carl

Carl Youngblood

Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> Carl Youngblood [mailto:carl@youngbloods.org] wrote:
>

>>Was this just a stupid question or does nobody know the answer? Or
>>another option I guess would be that everyone is too busy.
>

> Hmmm... I just tried to get Net::HTTP#post to raise a TimeoutError by
> mounting a little WEBrick proc that slept 20 seconds before responding, and
> #post never timed out for me. Can you give a small, complete example that
> causes the TimeoutError?
>

> Nathaniel
>
> <:((><

By the way, thanks for your response.

China Blue Veins

In article <XnsA28DB7F795D35clairbear@216.196.97.142>,
clairbear <clairbear@msn.com> wrote:

> Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names <PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:48:57 -0600, Bob <dalnetbob@att.net> wrote:
> >
> >>President Obama acknowledged on Thursday that he lived with his Kenyan
> >>uncle for a brief period in the 1980s while preparing to attend
> >>Harvard Law School, contradicting a statement more than a year ago
> >>that the White House had no record of the two ever meeting.
> >>
> >>http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/12/05/president-obama-a...
> >>s-having-lived-with-his-uncle/mz67SRGIExGAZJuOQsl1JI/story.html
> >>
> >>---
> >>
> >>Mr. President, have you ever been examined to determine if you are a
> >>pathological liar?
> >

> > Tell me every place you lived for a week or so 40 years ago.
> >
> > Waiting.
> >

> Bob is not the President of the US

Why? Does that improve ones memory?

They hung there dependent from the sky
Like some heavy metal fruit
These bombers, ripened, ready to tilt

Buster Norris

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:32:23 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Open the bottom file drawer, pull out the folder with my DD214

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were never in the military.....................

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 01:45:43 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
Names" <PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Perhaps PG needs to read the following criteria for the award of the
>Purple Heart. He should pay special attention to paragraph 2-8 b. ,
>which reads:
>-- quote
>b. While clearly an individual decoration, the Purple Heart differs
>from all other decorations in that an individual is not "recommended"
>for the decoration; rather he or she is entitled to it upon meeting
>specific criteria.
>-- end quote

You FAILED to CITE your source.

This is one such source: http://www.americal.org/awa...

You FAILED to consider:

>the wound
>for which the award is made must have required treatment by a medical
>officer and records of medical treatment for wounds or injuries
>received in action must have been made a matter of official record.

What "official record" would that be?

>(3) When contemplating an award of this decoration, the key issue that
>commanders...

Why would commanders be "contemplating an award of this decoration" if
OFFICIAL APPROVAL WAS NOT REQUIRED?

>The fact that... ...is not sole justification for award.

Why would "justification for award" be REQUIRED if OFFICIAL APPROVAL
WAS NOT REQUIRED?

>(6) ...Commanders must also take into consideration the
>circumstances surrounding an injury....

Why would commanders be considering the "circumstances surrounding an
injury" if OFFICIAL APPROVAL WAS NOT REQUIRED?

In addition to DEBUNKING the Kerry MYTH I have ALSO DEBUNKED the LIE
that YOU had a career in the military.

ONLY a DISHONORABLE LIAR would post material WITHOUT A CITE.

ONLY a DISHONORABLE LIAR with ZERO MILITARY EXPERIENCE would NOT BE
FAMILIAR WITH:

MANUAL OF MILITARY DECORATIONS & AWARDS
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense
(Force Management Policy)
DoD 1348.33-M, September 1996
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1...

C3.3.2. All recommendations for Defense decorations shall be submitted
by official memorandum or letter (original plus 3 copies) through
command or staff channels to the appropriate approval authority using
the format shown in Figure C3.F1.

What part of "ALL RECOMMENDATIONS for Defense decorations shall be
submitted by official memorandum or letter" don't YOU understand?

--< Update >------------------------------
[Courtesy of Buster Norris]
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:34:44 -0400, Kicking Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Woman Becomes First Openly Gay General
>What makes this so great is that when Lieutenant Colonel (Retired)
>Allen West meets Brigadier General Smith, he will have to salute
>her!!!!!!!!
>So will John McCain, retired US Navy Captain (O6)!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROOF YOU WERE NEVER IN THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you approach someone who is senior to you and you are in civilian
attire, you do not salute."
http://www.cdc.gov/od/occp/officership/military_pr...

--< Update >------------------------------
[Courtesy of Buster Norris]
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:56:33 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I don't know anyone who carries ammo like this . . .

That's because you're a LIAR AND A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Ammo carried this way gets dirty and either must be wiped clean before
>cause a misfire.
>But, considering the person in the photo and considering that the
>photo was intended to impress ignorant people . . . >http://malialitman.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/palin-hunter.jpg?w=490...

Iraq, M14 but also has a cartridge holder on the stock...
http://www.foxnews.com/images/303322/0_61_08060...

Afghanistan
http://images.defensetech.org/wp-content/uploads//2010/03/Afghan-troops6...

LAPD
http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/review/32/...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

Buster Norris

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:32:23 -0500, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Open the bottom file drawer, pull out the folder with my DD214

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were never in the military.....................

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:08:42 -0400, Patriot Games
<Patriot@America.Com> wrote:
>On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 01:36:51 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
>Names" <PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>On Jul 7, 1:25?pm, Patriot Games <Patr...@America.Com> wrote:
>>> Wrong.
>>> MANUAL OF MILITARY DECORATIONS & AWARDS
>>> Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense
>>> (Force Management Policy)
>>> DoD 1348.33-M, September 1996
>>> http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1...
>>> C3.3.2. All recommendations for Defense decorations
>>The key word here is "decorations."
>
>Wrong. The important word used to CATCH YOU LYING, AGAIN, is
>"Service" as in SERVICE AWARDS.
>
>>Military medals are of two types: AWARDS and DECORATIONS -- known to
>>anyone who has served a few minutes in uniform is "awards and decs."
>
>Wrong. SERVICE AWARDS are NOT Decorations. The Purple Heart IS NOT a
>Service Award.
>
>>The Purple Heart is an award, not a decoration.
>
>Wrong. But thanks so much for the opportunity to PROVE CONCLUSIVELY
>that YOU ARE A LIAR and that YOU HAVE NO MILITARY EXPERIENCE.
>
>>Once again, ol' PG has his ass handed to him.
>
>Let's recap.
>
>I provided CITED REFERENCES.
>
>YOU are a PROVEN LIAR.
>
>I provided ORIGINAL MILITARY DOCUMENTATION.
>
>YOU, a PROVEN LIAR, provided WORTHLESS PERSONAL OPINION.
>
>And now I will demonstrate using CITED ORIGINAL MILITARY DOCUMENTATION
>that YOU ARE A LIAR AND A FRAUD:
>
>MANUAL OF MILITARY DECORATIONS & AWARDS
>Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense
>(Force Management Policy)
>DoD 1348.33-M, September 1996
>http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1...
>C1.1. PURPOSE
>This Manual explains DoD policies and procedures on awarding Defense
>decorations and SERVICE awards...
>[...]
>AP1. APPENDIX 1
>U.S. MILITARY DECORATIONS
>AP1.1.1. This Appendix contains a brief description of the various
>decorations that have been authorized for the Armed Forces of the
>United States:
>AP1.1.2. Those decorations include the following:
>[...]
>AP1.1.2.21. PURPLE HEART
>[...]
>
>We NOW KNOW for a PROVEN FACT that YOU LIED about having ANY MILITARY
>EXPERIENCE.
>
>I hope you will enjoy having me post this again, and again, and again,
>and again as much as I will enjoy posting it again, and again, and
>again, and again.
>
>YOU ARE NOW A TOTALLY DISCREDITED LIAR AND FRAUD!

=====================================

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 06:20:33 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
Names" <old_redneck@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Why is the over-65 crowd so worked up about health insurance reform?
>After all, they (we, actually, I'm on Medicare)

Thanks for admitting YOU NEVER RETIRED FROM THE MILITARY!

Hahahahahahahahha!!

=====================================

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics/msg/c9b8842a2f09...

From: "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names" <old_redn...@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
> Military retirees carry TriCare as their primary insurer UNTIL
> AGE 65 AT WHICH TIME WE GO ON MEDICARE with TriCare
> For Life as our secondary insurer.
> http://www.military.com/benefits/tricare/tricare-an...
> I am a military retiree over 65.
> Medicare is my primary,
> TFL is my secondary.

Oops! Busted BAD this time!

"If you are the widow or widower of a service member... you are no
longer covered by TRICARE..."

As I have LONG SUSPECTED we NOW KNOW why you said "I'm on Medicare."

Because YOU NEVER SERVED, but YOUR HUSBAND DID!!

YOU are a OLD BITCH WIDOW HAG!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

=====================================

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:37:30 -0800 (PST), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
Names" <old_redneck@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Nov 13, 11:20?am, Patriot Games <Patr...@America.Com> wrote:
>> > Military retirees carry TriCare as their primary insurer UNTIL
>> > AGE 65 AT WHICH TIME WE GO ON MEDICARE with TriCare
>> > For Life as our secondary insurer.
>> >http://www.military.com/benefits/tricare/tricare-an...
>> > I am a military retiree over 65.
>> > Medicare is my primary,
>> > TFL is my secondary.
>> Oops! ?Busted BAD this time!
>Yep -- and you are the one who is busted -- bad -- really bad.

Nope...

>> "If you are the widow or widower of a service member... you are no
>> longer covered by TRICARE..."
>I didn't say I am now covered by TriCare.
>This is what I said:
>>> I am a military retiree over 65.
>> > Medicare is my primary,
>> > TFL is my secondary.
>TFL = TriCare For Life
>http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/ProfileFilter.do;jsessionid=K9KR7QXgppyYqgGG2sF2Gyg8MWGTSm9n5FJZt25M4T...!-491296821?&puri=%2Fhome%2Foverview%2FPlans%2FLearnAboutPlansAndCosts%2FTRICAREForLife
>or
>http://tinyurl.c...
>-- quote
>TRICARE For Life
>TRICARE For Life (TFL) is TRICARE's Medicare-wraparound coverage
>available to all Medicare-eligible TRICARE beneficiaries, regardless
>of age, provided they have Medicare Parts A and B.

"TRICARE beneficiaries..."

>While Medicare is your primary insurance, TRICARE acts as your
>secondary payer minimizing your out-of-pocket expenses. TRICARE
>benefits include covering Medicare's coinsurance and deductible.
>-- end quote
>Just in case you missed it, here's the salient point again:
>-- quote
>TRICARE For Life (TFL) is TRICARE's Medicare-wraparound coverage
>available to all Medicare-eligible TRICARE beneficiaries, regardless
>of age, provided they have Medicare Parts A and B.
>-- end quote

"TRICARE beneficiaries..."

You are a 'beneficiary' BECAUSE "you are the widow or widower of a
service member..."

>I just love it when you're busted again and again and again.

In case you haven't noticed THIS IS GAME OVER FOR YOU.

YOU are an OLD WOMAN.

Case closed.

YOU were a Service Member's DOORMAT.

Case closed.

That Service member died, making YOU a "beneficiary" of HIS BENEFITS.

Case closed.

YOU NEVER SERVED.

PROVEN.

Case closed.

And...

Game over.

(The BEST part is that I knew if I waited long enough YOU would
provide the very CITE that WOULD DO YOU IN!)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

<---- Update ----------------------------------------------->

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 06:56:48 -0400, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>She [Angle] is not working but her husband is a retired federal
>guvmint employee who is drawing a nice, fat federal pension
>yet she wants to shut down the tiny social security pension
>that so many of us depend on to stay out of poverty.

"Us?"

Thanks for PROVING YOU DO NOT GET A MILITARY RETIREMENT!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

<---- Update ----------------------------------------------->
[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:39:17 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
Names" <old_redneck@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Jul 22, 9:49?pm, Buster Norris <bustyourf...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:16:58 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and
>> Takin' Names" <old_redn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >West is not a Colonel (O6). ?He is a Lieutenant Colonel (O5). ?He
>> >retired in lieu of court-martial.
>> LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> The charges were ultimately referred to an Article 15 proceeding
>> rather than court-martial, at which West was fined $5,000. LTC West
>> accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits in the summer of
>> 2004.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...(politician)
>Which is a formal way of saying he retired in lieu of court-martial.

MORE PROOF YOU WERE NEVER IN THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--< Update >------------------------------
[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:34:44 -0400, Kicking Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Woman Becomes First Openly Gay General
>What makes this so great is that when Lieutenant Colonel (Retired)
>Allen West meets Brigadier General Smith, he will have to salute
>her!!!!!!!!
>So will John McCain, retired US Navy Captain (O6)!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROOF YOU WERE NEVER IN THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you approach someone who is senior to you and you are in civilian
attire, you do not salute."
http://www.cdc.gov/od/occp/officership/military_pr...

--< Update >------------------------------
[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:01:29 -0400, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>You ever been on the ground with an AC-130 working out in the
>neighborhood? It's not a pinpoint weapon system -- it'll take out
>everything in a football-field sized area.

PROOF YOU HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROOF YOU NEVER SERVED IN THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>It's an AREA weapon system, fool.

On 18 August 1968, an AC-130 gunship flying an armed reconnaissance
mission in Vietnam's III Corps was diverted to support a Special
Forces base at Katum. The ground commander quickly assessed the
accurate fire and capabilities of this weapon system and called for
fire on his own perimeter when the Viet Cong attempted to bridge the
wire on the west side of his position.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockh...

>That's why professionals fight wars

AND NOW WE KNOW YOU NEVER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--< Update >------------------------------
On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:33:10 -0500, Kicking Ass and Taking Names
<PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 04:27:21 -0800 (PST), "Robert Westergrom,1900
>Harvey rd.,Wilmington,D.E" <burtonurny@gmail.com> wrote:
>>http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-osama-bin-...
>>The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed
>He got out of the Navy at 16 years.
>If you bail out before 20, you get no benefits or retirement.

Oops! Caught lying (and PROVING you have NO military background or
experience)...

"Like every combat veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the
former SEAL, who is identified in the story only as ?the Shooter?, is
automatically eligible for five years of free healthcare through the
Department of Veterans Affairs."
http://www.stripes.com/blogs/the-ruptured-duck/the-ruptured-duck-1.160117/esquire-article-wrongly-claims-seal-who-killed-bin-laden-is-denied-healthcar...
http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/returning_servicem...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

clairbear

Siri Cruz <chine.bleu@yahoo.com> wrote in

> In article <XnsA28DB7F795D35clairbear@216.196.97.142>,
> clairbear <clairbear@msn.com> wrote:
>
>> Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names <PopUlist349@hotmail.com> wrote in

>> > Tell me every place you lived for a week or so 40 years ago.
>> >
>> > Waiting.
>> >

>> Bob is not the President of the US
>
> Why? Does that improve ones memory?

The Presidents honesty is in question here not his memory. The lie or
omition of fact as to whether ever spent time with a relative in order to
affect his well craft public image. It fits in with his denial of other
past associate. When compiled with all of his other 'lie' omitions, half
truthes and broken promises show the real character of the man. He is the
leader of the most powerful country in the world. His deceptions have an
effect on the entire nation
Bob is just an average citizen His veracity is not as as important to the
nation as Obama's is is