Re: Is Rockit abandoned?

Berger, Daniel

9/23/2003 3:40:00 PM

And please, please, please add a tutorial for parser generator dummies, like
me. :)

Regards,

Dan

1 Answer

Robert Feldt

Berger, Daniel <djberge@qwest.com> skrev den Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:39:46 +0900:

> And please, please, please add a tutorial for parser generator dummies, like
> me. :)

Its like regexps but more powerful. How hard can it be? :)

Seriously, regexps really are parser generators that are integrated
into the language. The languages you can parse with them are
somewhat restricted but more importantly they are kind of
hard to use when you need to parse larger, more complex languages with lots of different cases. Parser generators tries to address that situation. So its regexps-on-steriods or something like that.

We''ll see about a tutorial but I can promise lots of examples.
Learning-by-example is supposed to be good so... ;)

Regards,

Robert