Re: Is Rockit abandoned?

Richard Kilmer

9/23/2003 3:26:00 PM

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 10:24 AM, Robert Feldt wrote:

> Yuri Leikind <leikind@mova.org> skrev den Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:33:42
> +0900:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> Looks like Rockit, the OO parser generator for Ruby, is abandoned.
>>
> Its been abandoned for some 2 years but I'm now working on it again.
> Instead of fixing the old version I've decided to do a new one
> with a C backend. Expect release in 3 weeks.

When you do this...will we be able to build a Ruby parser with it :-)

> Sorry for the bad support these 2 years,

Your creativity is worth the wait!

Thank you for putting time back into this.

> Robert Feldt

2 Answers

Robert Feldt

Richard Kilmer <rich@infoether.com> skrev den Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:26:17 +0900:

>> Its been abandoned for some 2 years but I''m now working on it again.
>> Instead of fixing the old version I''ve decided to do a new one
>> with a C backend. Expect release in 3 weeks.
>
> When you do this...will we be able to build a Ruby parser with it :-)

That sure is one of my goals. I''m not promising anything since
the Ruby grammar is a hairy one and I''ve been deep into it
before without getting out... ;)

And Rich, lexeme positioning will be in there
as per your requests... :)

>> Sorry for the bad support these 2 years,
>
> Your creativity is worth the wait!
>
> Thank you for putting time back into this.

Thanks for the support guys, I really have incentive
to make this happen now.

Regards,

Robert

ptkwt

In article <oprvyxretfoglyup@mail1.telia.com>,
Robert Feldt <feldt@ce.chalmers.se> wrote:
>Richard Kilmer <rich@infoether.com> skrev den Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:26:17 +0900:
>
>>> Its been abandoned for some 2 years but I''m now working on it again.
>>> Instead of fixing the old version I''ve decided to do a new one
>>> with a C backend. Expect release in 3 weeks.
>>
>> When you do this...will we be able to build a Ruby parser with it :-)
>>
>That sure is one of my goals. I''m not promising anything since
>the Ruby grammar is a hairy one and I''ve been deep into it
>before without getting out... ;)
>
>And Rich, lexeme positioning will be in there
>as per your requests... :)
>
>>> Sorry for the bad support these 2 years,
>>
>> Your creativity is worth the wait!
>>
>> Thank you for putting time back into this.
>>
>Thanks for the support guys, I really have incentive
>to make this happen now.

Yes, we''re watching ;-)

Looking forward to it.

Phil