sandal

3/7/2002 6:48:00 PM

Hey, there,
I built up my mobile application partially by MMIT beta
before the final release is available. I found that the
two version of MMIT built .aspx file in a different
format, as following:
in final release, it is:
Xmlns:mobile="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Mobile/Web...

in Beta version, it was:

Am I right? Does this make sense?
1 Answer

Shanku Niyogi

You can safely ignore this attribute (or even the body tag, for that matter)
in a mobile page. It is only used in the VS .NET designer, so that it can do
syntax highlighting and validation (aka the squiggly lines) and
Intellisense. You could remove the tag entirely and still run the page just
fine, but the designer would not work the same.

Shanku