looking for 'un' library

Simon Kitching

I recently installed Ruby 1.8.0 (Mandrake Linux).

I am now trying to install ruby-gnome2. However it fails with the
message:

ruby: no such file to load -- un (LoadError)

After some head-scratching, it appears that I need the "un" library, as
the Makefile is doing:
ruby -run -e "..."

I can't find any trace of this library *anywhere*, though. It's not
mentioned in "Programming in Ruby", not in the "Ruby Class and Library
Reference", not on RAA, not on RubyForge. And unfortunately, it's a
rather difficult term to run a google search on :-(

Can someone tell me where to find it, and how to install it?

Thanks,

Simon

11 Answers

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Here.
http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ruby...
Bundled in ruby/1.8 from preview6.

> I recently installed Ruby 1.8.0 (Mandrake Linux).

I don''t know why you don''t have it...

Regards,
// NaHi

Steve

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:25:20 -0700, Daryl <dhunt@nospamdroopyvids.com>
wrote:

> I would say you need
>to fact check your posts better but you don't fact check them at all.

Irony Anyone? See below:
On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 19:37:36 -0600, Daryl <dhunt@nospamdroopyvids.com>
wrote:

>It takes a 2/3rds majority in congress and must be sent to President
>must sign it. Then the States will take it to the Courts at that point.
> If the states want it changed, then 3/4 of them must pass a law or
>ratification for or against it to overturn the Federal Government. Look
>at the 18th amendment. It's the only Amendment to ever be overturned.
>It took the 21st Amendment to do that. But it had to run the gambit
>from the House presenting it to the Senate, The Senate passing it, the
>President signs it, the Supreme Court Rules on it and then, and only
>then, the States can Ratify it.

Daryl is wrong as usual. Neither President nor the Supreme Court have
any official involvement in the amendment process... and the states
also have the legal ability to amend the Constitution without even
Congressional approval.

All this spelled out in Article Five of the Constitution, which Daryl
is too stupid to even check out before posting his ignorance...

http://www.usconstitution.net/xcon...
U.S. Constitution - Article 5
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it
necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the
Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States,
shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either
Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this
Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of
the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the
one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress;
Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One
thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first
and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that
no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage
in the Senate.

Man of Mind

On 12/2/2013 6:44 PM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:

> On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:25:20 -0700, Daryl wrote:
>
>> I would say you need to fact check your posts better but
>> you don't fact check them at all.
>
> Irony Anyone? See below:

*>LOL!<* Physician, heal thyself..

--
Steve <stevencanyon@yahooooo.com>
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 04:37:58 -0500

"Anyone that thinks electromagnetic force is not the force that
exists in a charged capacitor is simply ignorant on the subject.."
--
Steven Canyon <Gall@dog.soldiers>
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:40:33 GMT

"A capacitor *is* an open circuit....like a transformer....
both depend on a changing magnetic field to work.."
--
Steven Canyon <Gall@dog.soldiers>
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:57:55 GMT

"The only time capacitors are doing anything they have
significant magnetic fields, Lochner."

"[..]and now you can't find a capacitor without
magnetism, either"
--
Steven Canyon <Gall@dog.soldiers>
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:30:14 GMT

"any and all capacitors work on the principal of magnetism...."

Steve

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 06:47:52 -0600, Man of Mind
<baron.von.mind@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/2/2013 6:44 PM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:
>>
>> On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:25:20 -0700, Daryl wrote:
>>
>>> I would say you need to fact check your posts better but
>>> you don't fact check them at all.
>>
>> Irony Anyone? See below:
>
>*>LOL!<*

I remember when Kurt Lochner Harrington did a trace on my post and the icon showed up
where it always did when you traced someone in the Tampa area.. Kurt
thought I lived there..

"Oh, that place over on W. Rio Vista Ave he keeps posting from?"
--Little Kurtie Lichner trying to identify where I post from
and not realizing that any IP in the Tampa area showed up on that
spot.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/2ceac00...

I told Kurt that he got me and that he should come and visit me. I
wasn't home much and he should just come on in, grab a beer and take a
swim in the pool.

Poor Kurt finally figured it out and got very angry...
I wonder if Kurt is still angry about that...

Let it go Kurt. You'll feel better...

Man of Mind

On 12/3/2013 8:39 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:

> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 06:47:52 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:

>>> Irony Anyone? See below:
>>
>> *>LOL!<*
>
> I remember when

No, your 'memory' is rather convenient, and lacking facts past a
casual keyword search using Google, little net-pet.

Just so you'[ll know..

--
[...]

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:49:15 -0600, Man of Mind
<baron.von.mind@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/3/2013 8:39 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:
>>
>> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 06:47:52 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:
>>>
>>> On 12/2/2013 6:44 PM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:

>>> *>LOL!<*
>>
>> I remember when
>
>No,

Oh yes indeed.. <LOL>

I remember when Kurt Lochner Harrington did a trace on my post and the icon showed up
where it always did when you traced someone in the Tampa area.. Kurt
thought I lived there..

"Oh, that place over on W. Rio Vista Ave he keeps posting from?"
--Little Kurtie Lichner trying to identify where I post from
and not realizing that any IP in the Tampa area showed up on that
spot.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/2ceac00...

I told Kurt that he got me and that he should come and visit me. I
wasn't home much and he should just come on in, grab a beer and take a
swim in the pool.

Poor Kurt finally figured it out and got very angry...
I wonder if Kurt is still angry about that...

Let it go Kurt. You'll feel better...

Man of Mind

On 12/3/2013 9:37 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered and groveled again:

> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:49:15 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:
>>
>> On 12/3/2013 8:39 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:
>>>
>>> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 06:47:52 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:

>>> I remember when
>>
>> No, your 'memory' is rather convenient, and lacking facts past a
>> casual keyword search using Google, little net-pet.
>
> Oh

Here are some examples of your low-effort thinking, crayon.

Just so everybody knows..

--
[...]

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:05:30 -0600, Man of Mind
<baron.von.mind@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/3/2013 9:37 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered and groveled again:
>>
>> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:49:15 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:
>>>
>>> On 12/3/2013 8:39 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered defensively at:

>>> No, your 'memory' is rather convenient, and lacking facts past a
>>> casual keyword search using Google, little net-pet.
>>
>> Oh
>
>Here are some examples

"I'll be sure to write the ucdavis.edu site tomorrow, m'kay?
Rest assured that they'll be correcting that shortly, because
it's completely wrong, "
Kurt Lochner Harrington challenging ucdavis.edu knowledge of Faraday's law.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/e3f66eb534b8...

Man of Mind

On 12/3/2013 4:08 PM, Senile Caveman whimpered and groveled again:

> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:05:30 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:
>>
>> On 12/3/2013 9:37 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered and groveled again:
>>>
>>> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:49:15 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:

>>> Oh
>>
>> Here are some examples
>
> "I'll be sure to write the ucdavis.edu site tomorrow, m'kay?

Sarcasm seems lost upon you, "steve". Why is it that you're so
concerned with being "right" even when it's been conclusively
proven that you're so completely wrong that you're the laughing
stock of newsgroups? I mean seriously, are you trying to slyly
present right-wing 'tea-party' zealots as abject mucking forons?

You're doing a great job of it, just so you'll know..

--
[...]

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 20:39:57 -0600, Man of Mind
<baron.von.mind@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/3/2013 4:08 PM, Senile Caveman whimpered and groveled again:
>>
>> On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:05:30 -0600, Man of Mind exploited the sociopathy of:
>>>
>>> On 12/3/2013 9:37 AM, Senile Caveman whimpered and groveled again:

>>> Here are some examples
>>
>> "I'll be sure to write the ucdavis.edu site tomorrow, m'kay?
>
>Sarcasm seems

Transcript of Canyon schooling Kurt Lochner Harrington about Faraday's Law

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&...!topic/sci.physics/...

Lochner: Steve, you made the claim that a changing magnetic field causes an electrical field.. Need a cite?

Canyon: <ROTFL> Of course, that is quiet true

Lochner: Nope, and I defy you to prove otherwise..

Canyon: OK

"According to Faraday's law, a changing magnetic field can create an electric field"
http://maxwell.ucdavis.edu/~electro/faraday/ove...

...and this Syracuse University physics dept. has a lecture with a chapter title of "Changing magnetic field creates electric field"
www.phy.syr.edu/~xxing/teaching/.../34_LectureOutline_PRS.pp

Oh, and look, the University of Texas-Pan American has the phrase "Changing magnetic field creates electric field, and vice versa" in a lecture summary.
http://zope.cs.panam.edu/ee/faculty-staff/hfoltz/course-mat......
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&...!topic/sci.physics/...