Re: fork not available?

Lee Fisher

9/22/2003 9:13:00 PM

| Cygwin isn't standard Windows. fork() is not available unless you use
| cygwin, which requires that your programs be GPL-compatible. I don't
| consider cygwin an acceptable requirement.

For compiling a fork-dependent codebase to generate a Windows binary,
another option is to use the Microsoft Services for Unix ("SFU")
environment, which supports building Windows binaries from code that
uses fork().

SFU isn't free, but it has a 120 day trial. And if it does work, I'd be
happy to donate a few copies for those involved in making building Ruby
binaries for the community.

http://www.microsoft.com/wi...
http://www.interopsystems....

Hope this helps,