Re: Webrick & CGI programs on WinXP

Austin Ziegler

9/22/2003 8:12:00 PM

After merging Eric's and gotoyuzo's patches, the script runs ... but
produces a 500 error and nothing in the log. I had already pretty much
reached the decision to implement this as a servlet, but it seems that the
CGI interface on Windows still needs some work. I may look at it a bit later
-- I am more interested in getting RuWiki working with WEBrick in any way
that I can so that the possibilities for RuWiki are greater.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 16.02.52

4 Answers

Jim Freeze

On Tuesday, 23 September 2003 at 5:11:34 +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> After merging Eric''s and gotoyuzo''s patches, the script runs ... but
> produces a 500 error and nothing in the log. I had already pretty much
> reached the decision to implement this as a servlet, but it seems that the
> CGI interface on Windows still needs some work. I may look at it a bit later
> -- I am more interested in getting RuWiki working with WEBrick in any way
> that I can so that the possibilities for RuWiki are greater.

That is the same error that I get on Sun. So it looks like
you have at least put XP on par with Unix.

--
Jim Freeze
----------

GOTOU Yuuzou

Jim Freeze

On Tuesday, 23 September 2003 at 22:34:07 +0900, GOTOU Yuuzou wrote:
> In message <20030922163701.A26801@freeze.org>,
> `Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>'' wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 23 September 2003 at 5:11:34 +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> > > After merging Eric''s and gotoyuzo''s patches, the script runs ... but
> > > produces a 500 error and nothing in the log. I had already pretty much
> > > reached the decision to implement this as a servlet, but it seems that the
> > > CGI interface on Windows still needs some work. I may look at it a bit later
> > > -- I am more interested in getting RuWiki working with WEBrick in any way
> > > that I can so that the possibilities for RuWiki are greater.
> >
> > That is the same error that I get on Sun. So it looks like
> > you have at least put XP on par with Unix.
>
> Could you get error message with ruby -v?

Good idea.
I get the following:

Exception `WEBrick::HTTPStatus::InternalServerError'' at
/tools/apps/ruby/ruby-1.8.0/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/webrick/httpservlet/cgihandler.rb:75
- The server encontered a script error.
afropuff.mis.cypress.com - - [23/Sep/2003:09:45:58 EDT] "GET /ruwiki.cgi
HTTP/1.1" 500 334
- -> /ruwiki.cgi

72 data = "" unless data
73 raw_header, body = data.split(/^[\xd\xa]+/on, 2)
74 raise HTTPStatus::InternalServerError,
75 "The server encontered a script error." if body.nil?

Jim Freeze

GOTOU Yuuzou