Re: New Books on Ruby, in English. An enquiry.

Mark Wilson

9/22/2003 7:27:00 PM

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 03:11 PM, Phlip wrote:
> [snip]
> (Speak of the devil...;)
>
> If I told, that would screw the deadline up. It will be next year.
>
> But more important - what is the OP looking for?
>
> Learning Ruby from my book would be like learning Java from
> /Refactoring/.
>
> I hammer on TkCanvas quite a bit.

I'm glad it will be out within the next several months.

Next year means 3 and 1/2 months, right? ;-).

As far as the OP's question goes, I think the existing books,
supplemented by some updating for Ruby 1.8 are fine for beginning to
learn Ruby and for going quite a bit farther than beginning.

Regards,

Mark