Re: PostgreSQL, Ruby, FX Ruby and Windows XP

Thomas Adam

9/22/2003 9:15:00 AM

--- Szymon Drejewicz <drejewic@wsisiz.edu.pl> wrote: > > If he means
connecting to a database running Postgres from within
> windows
> > <shudder>, he'll need cygwin installed to provide a means to run it.
>
> So I'd like to know how to compile ruby-postgres under Windows using
> Cygwin. Has anyone done it befeore?

No, but theoretically you could use a cross-compiler under Linux to do it,
OR, perhaps easier using a native windows compiler (borland?) to do it --
unfortunately I only run Linux....

> I've installed Ruby, Cygwin and I've
>
> downloaded ruby-postgres.tar.gz I don't know how to compile it under
> Windows :-)

I assume cygwin ships with GCC (or a variant thereof).

> Is it possible to connect from Windows to PostgreSQL (working on linux)
> without usign DBI?

Use, of course it is.

-- Thomas Adam

> Szymon Drejewicz