Re: wiki reccomendations

Austin Ziegler

9/22/2003 4:46:00 AM

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:50:10 +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 September 2003 at 23:06:48 +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> I used ruwiki. I've heavily modified it, and I think that Alan will be
>> using significant chunks of what I've done, but you can look around my
>> wiki at: http://www.halostatue.ca/ruwiki/...
>>
>> If you want the version I use, I can zip it up. I have a rudimentary
>> locking system that I added and a very rudimentary versioning system
>> (but no way to get the versions out yet).
> Austin:
>
> I am interested in your version of ruwiki. Can you send me a copy? Also,
> do you plan to make an official release of your changes?

Well, Alan's the maintainer, and I'm not planning on forking what he's done.
I have sent to him what I have done, so most of what's there should be in
the next "official" version. I've actually got it mostly working as I want
it (there are only three major changes that I can think of offhand:
improvements to versioning, making edit previews better, and making the
versions visible).

I'll talk with him and see if he wants to release what I have done as a new
version until he gets time to do more work on it.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 00.39.31

1 Answer

aero6dof

Austin Ziegler <austin@halostatue.ca> wrote in message news:<200392204620.787619@PADD>...
> I''ll talk with him and see if he wants to release what I have done as a new
> version until he gets time to do more work on it.
>
> -austin

I''ve opened a Rubyforge project for Ruwiki. I''ll upload both my
current version of Ruwiki as well as Austins version sometime this
week. The two versions will get merged later (after I complete my
upcoming house move.. :)

- alan