Stupid RDoc question

elbows

9/22/2003 2:36:00 AM

How do I create a link to the documentation of a specific method in a
different class?

I can put #Class or #method in a comment, and it will turn into a
hyperlink in the html output -- but #Class.method, #Class::method only
turn the class name into a link.

Nathan
3 Answers

Joel VanderWerf

Nathan Weston wrote:
> How do I create a link to the documentation of a specific method in a
> different class?
>
> I can put #Class or #method in a comment, and it will turn into a
> hyperlink in the html output -- but #Class.method, #Class::method only
> turn the class name into a link.

Class#method seems to work for me.

elbows

Nope, that doesn''t do it either.

Is there a particular version I should be using? I upgraded to 0.9 (I
was using the debian package, which is only 0.67), but that doesn''t
seem to have helped.

Nathan

Nathan Weston wrote:
> Nope, that doesn''t do it either.

Hm. My mistake. I''ve typed Foo#bar in my comments but never noticed that
it doesn''t produce a link. Bummer...