New Ruby Article

Mark Wilson

9/21/2003 4:27:00 AM

I found the following article published a few days ago:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2003/09/18/rub...

As pointed out in the comments, using the optparse class and related
modules would reduce the code length of the example.

I recently wrote a series of articles on a similar topic:

Using the OptionParser Library -
www.learningruby.com/usingoptparse.shtml
Writing Command Line Programs-Part 1
www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart1.shtml
Part2
www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart2.shtml
Part3
www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart3.shtml

Regards,

Mark

1 Answer

Gavin Sinclair

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, 2:27:28 PM, Mark wrote:

> I found the following article published a few days ago:

> http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2003/09/18/rub...

This was mentioned on the list not long ago.

> As pointed out in the comments, using the optparse class and related
> modules would reduce the code length of the example.

I haven''t read it thoroughly, but I noticed that most of the code was
horribly un-Rubyish. It could be made a lot nicer. If I had time,
I''d rewrite it all and submit it to the author!

> I recently wrote a series of articles on a similar topic:

> Using the OptionParser Library -
> www.learningruby.com/usingoptparse.shtml
> Writing Command Line Programs-Part 1
> www.learningruby.com/commandlinepart1.shtml