Mobile Controls (Text Control)

Yassin

3/6/2002 3:40:00 PM

I am writing an application for Pocket PC and trying to
use the Mobile text control.It seem like it does not have
a multiline property.

I am looking for a text box or any other control that will
allow me enter comments in a Text box with a multiline
property.

2 Answers

(Joseph Croney (MSFT))

Yassin

Hi Joe
Is there any sample code that will show me how to retrieve
the information that was entered into the Multiline text
box.

Thanks for the assitance.

boxes, we did not
>include a multi-line text box control. You can make use
of the device
>specific construct to send down a standard ASP.NET multi
line text box down
>to the Pocket PC browser. Here is the sample code:
>
> <mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server">
> <mobile:DeviceSpecific
id="DeviceSpecific1" runat="server">
> <Choice Filter="isPocketIE">
> <HeaderTemplate>
> <asp:TextBox
id="textBox1" runat="server" Width="2" Rows="2" />
> </HeaderTemplate>
> </Choice>
> <Choice>
> <HeaderTemplate>
> <mobile:TextBox
ID="textBox1" Runat="server" />
> </HeaderTemplate>
> </Choice>
> </mobile:DeviceSpecific>
> </mobile:Form>
>
>Note that both text-boxes have the same ID to simplify
referencing the
>textbox. Also note that you must add a device filter in
web.config as
>follows:
>
><deviceFilters>
> <filter name="isPocketIE"
compare="Browser" argument="Pocket IE" />
></deviceFilters>
>

>Thanks,
>Joe

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights