PostgreSQL, Ruby, FX Ruby and Windows XP

Szymon Drejewicz

9/19/2003 11:50:00 AM

Is it possible to connect to PostgreSQL database using Ruby under
Windows XP. I need to do simple client for person who can use only
Windows and I consider many solutions (JDBC, Ruby, ODBC in Access and so
on).

Szymon Drejewicz

2 Answers

Gavin Sinclair

On Friday, September 19, 2003, 9:57:32 PM, Szymon wrote:

> Is it possible to connect to PostgreSQL database using Ruby under
> Windows XP. I need to do simple client for person who can use only
> Windows and I consider many solutions (JDBC, Ruby, ODBC in Access and so
> on).

Yes, you can download a postgres driver for Ruby from
raa.ruby-lang.org. Then you can use the DBI (database-independent)
module (also from RAA) to do nice high-level database programming. Or
you can use the driver directly if you wish.

I don''t see how Windows comes into the picture, but I could be wrong.

Gavin

Szymon Drejewicz

Szymon Drejewicz wrote:
> Is it possible to connect to PostgreSQL database using Ruby under
> Windows XP. I need to do simple client for person who can use only
> Windows and I consider many solutions (JDBC, Ruby, ODBC in Access and so
> on).
>
> Szymon Drejewicz

I''v solved my problem by using dbi:ODBC. Ruby is the best :^)