wiki reccomendations

ahoward

Carl Youngblood

The biggest feature that is not often included but is so useful is file
attachments. This way people can upload images and include them in
their wiki pages and can also collaborate with one another a lot easier.
I''m not interested in everything but the kitchen sink, but file
attachments are pretty important, IMO.

ahoward wrote:
> any votes/reccomendations for best ruby wiki? i''m leaning towards
simplicity
> over features.
>
> -a
> ====================================
> | Ara Howard
> | NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
> | Information and Technology Services
> | Data Systems Group
> | R/FST 325 Broadway
> | Boulder, CO 80305-3328
> | Email: ara.t.howard@noaa.gov
> | Phone: 303-497-7238
> | Fax: 303-497-7259
> | ~ > ruby -e ''p(%.\x2d\x29..intern)''
> ====================================

sgcjr

ahoward <ahoward@fsl.noaa.gov> wrote in message news:<Pine.LNX.4.53.0309180427540.20470@eli.fsl.noaa.gov>...
> any votes/reccomendations for best ruby wiki? i''m leaning towards simplicity
> over features.

Definitely check out MiniRubyWiki. Astonishing simplicity.

mpcjans

ahoward <ahoward@fsl.noaa.gov> wrote in message news:<Pine.LNX.4.53.0309180427540.20470@eli.fsl.noaa.gov>...
> any votes/reccomendations for best ruby wiki? i''m leaning towards simplicity
> over features.

I have hacked something together during the last week or so and it
really is a hack. However it''s very simple and should be easy to
extend. It''s using webrick and the diff algoritm implementation by
Lars Christensen for logging of changes.
It works great for me personally but it''s probably not very suitable
to run on a publicly accessible server. I run it as a personal server
on my laptop.
I don''t want to post the whole source here (around 8kb) but I can mail
it to you if you want. Just drop me an e-mail in case you are
interested.

Mark

ahoward

Yer Pal Al

On Oct 7, 11:45 pm, Jack Rabbit <ja...@rock.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 1:34 pm, Yer Pal Al <caddyshack...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > funny thing about people like you, you always pretend to have personal
> > > information that you don't, just so you can also pretend to know what
> > > you are talking about.
>
> > I thought maybe you had at least an imagination. Life has sure dealt
> > you a sorry pile of shit.
>
> Pretty obvious that you use insults to evade any question that you
> cannot answer, of which there are so many.

I answered your question, "again, makes no sense at all. are you
mentally ill?" by clarifying "Hey asshole, go get a job from a
homeless guy. They hire all the time." with the obvious that poor
people don't hire anyone.

If you are going to be willfully obtuse don’t complain when people
treat you like an idiot.

Just Me

On Oct 7, 8:52 pm, Arizona John wrote:
> On 10/7/2011 4:24 PM, Just Me wrote:

> >> You are a Marxist moron. Taxing people has never stimulated an economy.
> >> The government doesn't create jobs, the private sector does. You tell
> >> the story of Ford and contradict yourself. If the citizen has more money
> >> the economy will improve. You have a President who has never had a job,
> >> and has never made a budget, ever, put us in a AA bond rating, and you
> >> think that giving the government more money is going to help the
> >> economy. He's an Obama type of tip: If you are drowning, drink all you
> >> can swallow, and you won't drown.  If you are in a fire, splash yourself
> >> with gas to put the fire out.
> >> You are dumber than Mcafee. Even McAfee isn't as stupid as you.
>
> > This phrase>  The government doesn't create jobs, is amongst the
> > stupidist things you type parrot, just proves you don't know how to
> > think
> >> The government doesn't create jobs,
> > How about any senator or congress person, the president, anybody in
> > the military, police , fire, That not OK
> > How about the fact that the government buys large amounts of office
> > furniture,printers, telephones,cars , last I looked it up all these
> > are produced buy private sector business,business that hires people to
> > make basic administration supplies for government,sounds very much to
> > me like the government is creating jobs.What about the roads you drive
> > on to get to your job - assuming you have one - they are jobs created
> > by government. just a small sample.
> > If, as you seem to want taxes are eliminated who will pay for these
> > roads, you will every time you drive because they will all become toll
> > roads as private roads were in the not to distant past.
> >   Small point the 3 or so percent increase on those with taxable
> > incomes - read it again taxable income,not total income  - over a
> > million would solve alot of the deficit issues you are bitching
> > about,which would put us back to a balanced budget, something that a
> > republican hasn't done in over 30yrs.
>
> You never went beyond public high school and don't have a grasp of
> government
> or economics. Is that you Barrak?

I doubt you ever even made it to high school, reading you makes me
think you were home school by some uneducated ideologs, you obviously
have no clue about the real world or the partnership that is supposed
to happen between public sector and private sector. Just like business
needs the workers the private sector can't exist without the
government sector. The fantasy world you TP types envision has never
existed and can't exist in the real world.

ArizonaJohn

On 10/8/2011 8:19 AM, Just Me wrote:
> On Oct 7, 8:52 pm, Arizona John wrote:

>>> This phrase> The government doesn't create jobs, is amongst the
>>> stupidist things you type parrot, just proves you don't know how to
>>> think
>>> How about any senator or congress person, the president, anybody in
>>> the military, police , fire, That not OK
>>> How about the fact that the government buys large amounts of office
>>> furniture,printers, telephones,cars , last I looked it up all these
>>> are produced buy private sector business,business that hires people to
>>> make basic administration supplies for government,sounds very much to
>>> me like the government is creating jobs.What about the roads you drive
>>> on to get to your job - assuming you have one - they are jobs created
>>> by government. just a small sample.
>>> If, as you seem to want taxes are eliminated who will pay for these
>>> roads, you will every time you drive because they will all become toll
>>> roads as private roads were in the not to distant past.
>>> Small point the 3 or so percent increase on those with taxable
>>> incomes - read it again taxable income,not total income - over a
>>> million would solve alot of the deficit issues you are bitching
>>> about,which would put us back to a balanced budget, something that a
>>> republican hasn't done in over 30yrs.
>>
>> You never went beyond public high school and don't have a grasp of
>> government
>> or economics. Is that you Barrak?
>
> I doubt you ever even made it to high school, reading you makes me
> think you were home school by some uneducated ideologs, you obviously
> have no clue about the real world or the partnership that is supposed
> to happen between public sector and private sector. Just like business
> needs the workers the private sector can't exist without the
> government sector. The fantasy world you TP types envision has never
> existed and can't exist in the real world.

Partnership? I thought you were stupid, but you're just an asshole.

Just Me

On Oct 8, 8:43 am, Arizona John wrote:
> On 10/8/2011 8:19 AM, Just Me wrote:

> >> You never went beyond public high school and don't have a grasp of
> >> government
> >> or economics. Is that you Barrak?
>
> > I doubt you ever even made it to high school, reading you makes me
> > think you were home school by some uneducated ideologs, you obviously
> > have no clue about the real world or the partnership that is supposed
> > to happen between public sector and private sector. Just like business
> > needs the workers the private sector can't exist without the
> > government sector. The fantasy world you TP types envision has never
> > existed and can't exist in the real world.
>
> Partnership? I thought you were stupid, but you're just an asshole.

OK smart arse , what's your answer and how is it supposed to operate?