Re: #{} and \" don't like each other

Mark Wilson

9/16/2003 11:09:00 PM

Previously, I wrote:

> [snip]
> As you may have already discovered, the following gives the expected
> results:
>
> print "<user #{"name=" + name + ""}></user>"

Upon further reflection, this does what you want:

print "<user #{'name="' + name + '"'}></user>"

> [snip]

> Inside a literal string, inside #{}, it's not necessary, because we
> indicate the end of the expression to be interpolated with an
> unescaped '}'.

The above is wrong.

> [snip]

Regards,

Mark

1 Answer

Alkampfer

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 06:32:00 -0700, rock-a-day johnny <georgewkspam@humboldt1.com> wrote:

>In article <48BE14AD.31C7851@hotmMOVEail.com>,
> RichTravsky <traRvEsky@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ref at
>>

>> http://blogs.marketwatch.com/election/2008/09/02/palin-said-war-in-i...
>> peline-are-gods-will/
>>
>> The war in Iraq is part of God?s plan, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said in June
>> in
>> a speech at her former church.
>> Building a natural-gas pipeline is also part of God?s will, she said,
>> according
>> to a video published by the Huffington Post taken from material posted on
>> the
>> website of the Wasilla Assembly of God.
>>
>> Earlier, she exhorted the students to pray for pipeline, saying ?we can work
>> together to make sure God?s will is done.? She said God wanted to extract
>> natural resources.
>>
>> Kook alert... kook alert...
>>
>> RT
>
>and;
>
>Palin has lost control of her public image.
>
>The McCain campaign doesn't really want independent suburban women and
>crossover Democrats to know that Palin is a creationist, is almost
>completely pro-life, sees God's hand in the Iraq war, and is generally
>beloved by social conservatives.

Then what? Since you don't believe in God you want to force your point of view on others and oblige
them to stop believing ?

>Vote Obama/Biden

Yeah, sure, and bring a muslim and a '68 communist on power. Let's turn the US into a muslim regime
"for peace a prosperity", uh ?