Re: [ANN] Euruko 2003 Videos available at ruby-doc.org

Robert McGovern

9/16/2003 2:15:00 PM

>>> chad@chad...... 09/16/03 02:52pm >>>
I'm planning to record the entire event with my digital video camera,
and
then to upload the talks.
<<< chad@chad...... 09/16/03 02:52pm <<<

Great news, thanks Chad from all of us not able to attend!

>>> chad@chad...... 09/16/03 02:52pm >>>
What would be *wonderful*, though, is if someone else had a digital
video
camera that we could use to have a couple of angles. We could then
edit
it all together to make for some nice stuff. I'd also like to have a
backup in case of a problem with my camera (or even running out of a
tape
during a talk).
<<< chad@chad...... 09/16/03 02:52pm <<<

The other option would be to have people bring laptops with Webcams to
record the event. Okay it will suck compared to proper video recording
but it will at least give you a backup option :)

Rob

1 Answer

Steve

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:51:12 -0700, Daryl <dhunt@nospamdroopyvids.com>
wrote:

>"You can't cure
>Stupid"

Transcript of Daryl's stupid and illogical analysis of Walmart stock

Daryl: "You brought up Walmart. Let's use it again.
current stock price is $78.79 while the annual dividend is 9.56. If I
multiply 9.56 by 12 months, I come up with $47.80 making it slightly
over valued. What keeps it up from it's potential worth? Speculators.
I owned Walmart Stock for many years and find that the $47.80 is just
about where it should be, not $78.79."

Canyon: <shaking head> "walmart's current annual dividend is $1.88..
Why would anyone multiply the annual dividend by 12 months? <LOL> what
you'd get is the dividend over 12 years."

Daryl: "Dividends are figured by the month or the quarter. In order
to compare a business worth, you use a 1 to 5 year multiplier. I used
4 years. You are in over your head on this one."

Canyon: <CHUCKLE> "Actually, multiplying the annual dividend by twelve
is using twelve years, you pathetic moron. Oh, and to use dividends to
see what a stock is worth, you compare it's earnings per share by the
dividend. It's called the dividend payout ratio. It's really only
valuable for investors looking for dividend income. You obviously
haven't a clue."

Daryl: "Thats even worse. For a 4 year period, the dividend is just
7.52 That means it will take you apprx 41 years to get your investment
back."

Canyon: "Actually, somebody that bought the stock in 2010 can sell it
with about a 50% profit. Oh, BTW, dummy, selling the stock the next
day for what you paid for it will get your investment back if that's
all you want. You really don't understand this at all, do you?"