Re: performance and style advice requested

Michael Campbell

9/15/2003 9:19:00 PM

--- "Weirich, James" <James.Weirich@FMR.COM> wrote:
> > IMHO rather:
> > @facts = [0,1]
>
> Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure 0! = 1

It is, at least according to wolfram, which I'm inclined to believe.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com...
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Fact...

http://sitebuilder...

2 Answers

Nikolai Weibull

* Michael Campbell <michael_s_campbell@yahoo.com> [Sep, 15 2003 23:20]:
> It is, at least according to wolfram, which I''m inclined to believe.
the real interesting thing is figuring out why it must be so,
nikolai

--
::: name: Nikolai Weibull :: aliases: pcp / lone-star / aka :::
::: born: Chicago, IL USA :: loc atm: Gothenburg, Sweden :::

Robert Klemme

"Nikolai Weibull" <lone-star@home.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> * Michael Campbell <michael_s_campbell@yahoo.com> [Sep, 15 2003 23:20]:
> > It is, at least according to wolfram, which I''m inclined to believe.
> the real interesting thing is figuring out why it must be so,
> nikolai

Maybe because of the combinatorial formula n over k = n! * (n-k)! / k!
which for k == n leads to n! * 0! / n! which should be 1 and not 0.

Cheers

robert