Ruby language reference?

Its Me

9/15/2003 7:59:00 PM

What is the closest we have today to a language reference manual for Ruby?

Thanks ...

13 Answers

jrudolph83

Its Me wrote:
>What is the closest we have today to a language reference manual for Ruby?
>
>Thanks ...

try the ''pickaxe'' book, there is an online ruby refference at
www.rubycentral.com, and a downloadable windows help compilation in the raa
somewhere.. its a little dated, but it covers the basics (and then some) in
great, easy to understand detail. Hope this helps,

jesse

gabriele renzi

il Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:58:45 GMT, "Its Me" <itsme213@hotmail.com> ha
scritto::

>What is the closest we have today to a language reference manual for Ruby?

I think it is ''Ruby in a Nutshell'', go look for it in amazon and the
likes

Phlip

On May 10, 12:46 am, "Tom Gardner" <w@w> wrote:

> > ...the USA who still uses landlines are clueless shut-ins who get
> > all
> > their news from TV.
>
> You're right!  The number should be >75%.

Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.

Opposing a secure health care system is at least points 2, 9, & 10 of
Dr Britt's list of warning signs of fascism.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - the HMO lobby foments
a veneration of the Constitution, while claiming that it somehow does
not allow the gov't to regulate business (it does), or somehow does
not allow the gov't to levy taxes for the general welfare (it does).

9. Corporate Power is Protected - the voice of the HMO lobby is given
the loudest megaphone (and usually not identified) in the public
arena.

10. Labor Power is Suppressed - AAAND it is absurdly obvious that this
is class warfare - the rich want to keep the middle class weak, so our
democracy cannot interfere with their cozy oligarchy.

Jerry Okamura

"Phlip" wrote in message

On May 10, 12:46 am, "Tom Gardner" <w@w> wrote:

> > ...the USA who still uses landlines are clueless shut-ins who get
> > all
> > their news from TV.
>
> You're right! The number should be >75%.

Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.

I am willing to bet that those who want a stronger system, don't have any
idea what the system should be.

Tom Gardner

"Phlip" <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 10, 12:46 am, "Tom Gardner" <w@w> wrote:

> > ...the USA who still uses landlines are clueless shut-ins who get
> > all
> > their news from TV.
>
> You're right! The number should be >75%.

Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.
***********

Who do you want to pay for it?

Phlip

On May 10, 10:59 am, "Tom Gardner" <w@w> wrote:

> Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
> ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.
> ***********
>
> Who do you want to pay for it?

We can pay for it with the existing system if we pay LESS to our HMOs.

Why are you defending those bums?

Sid9

> On May 10, 10:59 am, "Tom Gardner" <w@w> wrote:
>
>> Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
>> ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.
>> ***********
>>
>> Who do you want to pay for it?
>
> We can pay for it with the existing system if we pay LESS to our HMOs.
>
> Why are you defending those bums?

.
.
Federal appeals judges show support for health care reform law

By: CNN Supreme Court Producer Bill Mears

Richmond, Virginia (CNN) - A federal appeals court panel expressed strong
support Tuesday for the sweeping health care reform bill championed by
President Barack Obama. It was the first appellate hearing on the law's
constitutionality.

The cases are a certain prelude to eventual Supreme Court review.

======================
Limbo says it matters because these decisions are rarely reversed.
I hope he's right!
======================

Phlip

On May 10, 11:43 am, "Sid9" <sid9@ bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Richmond, Virginia (CNN) - A federal appeals court panel expressed strong
> support Tuesday for the sweeping health care reform bill championed by
> President Barack Obama. It was the first appellate hearing on the law's
> constitutionality.

It's completely constitutional. This BS is an attempt to A> delude the
Teabaggers who venerate the Constitution without understanding it, and
B> push ObamaCare(s) to the Supreme Court while it's stacked with
crooks.

> ======================
> Limbo says it matters because these decisions are rarely reversed.
> I hope he's right!
> ======================

Except when someone PAYS the SCOTUS to overturn them!

Yoorghis

On Tue, 10 May 2011 06:31:05 -1000, "Jerry Okamura"
<okamuraj005@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>"Phlip" wrote in message
>
>On May 10, 12:46 am, "Tom Gardner" <w@w> wrote:
>
>> > ...the USA who still uses landlines are clueless shut-ins who get
>> > all
>> > their news from TV.
>>
>> You're right! The number should be >75%.
>
>Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
>ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.
>
>I am willing to bet that those who want a stronger system, don't have any
>idea what the system should be.

I'm willing to bet that those who do not want health care reform, or
want more (not less), are faux viewers or that kind of mentality

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Kurtis T. Nicklas of
1293 Westbrook Ave, Elon, NC 27244-9372"

<nickl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>I don't pay much attention to him these days, but I'd wager he's not
>happy.

You sure as shit paid attention when you got caught
making all those late-night hang-up phone calls, didn't
ya, Nickkkkers?

CLICK ! ! !

Phlip

On May 10, 9:31 am, "Jerry Okamura" <okamuraj...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> > Repeat the Big Lie. Most polls show a plurality in favor of at least
> > ObamaCare(s), or a stronger system.
>
> I am willing to bet that those who want a stronger system, don't have any
> idea what the system should be.

When Hillary Clinton was pushing HillaryCare (aka Single Payer),
pollsters tried an experiment.

They called one cohort, explained single payer, and got a majority
positive response.

When they called another cohort (randomly selected), and added
"Hillary Clinton", they got a majority negative response.

Disinformation works.