opengl on windows

PILU

9/15/2003 7:02:00 PM

hi,how to install on windows the module for opengl!
sorry but i'm a beginner(and sorry for my english)!thank u!

-pilu-

4 Answers

Lyle Johnson

PILU wrote:

> hi,how to install on windows the module for opengl!

The Ruby/OpenGL extension is already included with the Pragmatic
Programmers'' installer for Ruby; no need to install it separately.

PILU

when I open an opengl example that is in the ruby distribution,it say
"require'': No such file to load -- opengl (LoadError)"
why?

Shashank Date

"PILU" <piluxmail@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
> when I open an opengl example that is in the ruby distribution,it say
> "require'': No such file to load -- opengl (LoadError)"
> why?

Hmmm.... strange. This is what it does on my machine:
C:\>ruby -ve "require ''opengl''"
ruby 1.8.0 (2003-08-04) [i386-mswin32]

C:\>

And I have installed Ruby using /\ndy''s one-click installer: ruby180-10.exe

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?grou...

Can you tell us what this does on your machine:

C:\> ruby -ve "p $:"

-- shanko

maillist@bestworldweb.homelinux.com

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 08:28, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> PILU wrote:
>
> > hi,how to install on windows the module for opengl!
>
> The Ruby/OpenGL extension is already included with the Pragmatic
> Programmers'' installer for Ruby; no need to install it separately.

but have you acually installed your windows opengl drivers. I you
install the latest nvidia drivers (assuming you have an nvidia graphics
card) you get opengl installed.