Re: ruby-dev summary 21366-21380

Chad Fowler

Klaus Schadenfreude

In talk.politics.guns Krause Troutendanz
<dastroutendance@schprocketzens.com> wrote:

>The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
>get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!
>
>http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/08/news/economy/gas_prices/index.h...

Anything that keeps leftists from office has GOT to be a good thing!

Klaus Schadenfreude

In talk.politics.guns Krause Troutendanz
<dastroutendance@schprocketzens.com> wrote:

>The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
>get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!
>
>http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/08/news/economy/gas_prices/index.h...

Nominal retail prices for regular gas adjusted for inflation - cents
per gallon

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/steo/pub/fsheets/real_p...

1919 305.4
1920 308.8
1921 304.9
1922 311.8
1923 267.0
1924 254.1
1925 262.6
1926 274.0
1927 251.9
1928 253.5
1929 259.3
1930 247.8
1931 231.3
1932 272.3
1933 285.2
1934 291.9
1935 284.7
1936 291.1
1937 288.7
1938 287.1
1939 279.9
1940 272.2
1941 270.8
1942 260.0
1943 246.1
1944 242.7
1945 236.2
1946 220.5
1947 214.5
1948 222.9
1949 233.0
1950 230.5
1951 216.7
1952 215.3
1953 222.4
1954 224.0
1955 225.1
1956 228.2
1957 228.5
1958 218.0
1959 218.1
1960 218.1
1961 213.3
1962 210.4
1963 206.1
1964 203.0
1965 205.0
1966 205.3
1967 205.9
1968 200.9
1969 196.8
1970 190.7
1971 186.5
1972 200.0
1973 181.3
1974 220.4
1975 220.5
1976 216.7
1977 212.1
1978 200.3
1979 245.6
1980 313.3
1981 314.3
1982 270.4
1983 250.7
1984 234.7
1985 224.5
1986 168.2
1987 166.3
1988 159.3
1989 164.7
1990 178.9
1991 167.9
1992 160.5
1993 153.5
1994 150.3
1995 150.8
1996 158.5
1997 154.9
1998 130.9
1999 141.2
2000 178.9
2001 167.0
2002 154.5
2003 175.7
2004 203.0
2005 240.8
2006 264.9
2007 280.6
2008 368.8
2009 382.0

Anyone have a similar chart for ammo?

Felix D.

<zzbunker@netscape.net> wrote in message
On Aug 8, 9:15 am, Krause Troutendanz
<dastroutenda...@schprocketzens.com> wrote:
> The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
> get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!

Well, it diesn't really matter. Still it still hasn't sunk through
the thick-as-an-I-Beam morons
in the repug-stooge, glad-bagger, cheer-leader squad, that the
idiot oil big wigs are all of:

1) too sciencitifically ignorant,
2) too engineering primitive,
3) too economically greedy,
4) too legally wrapped up with GM idiots

to lower the price of anything other than bumper jacks for Hummvee
idiots.

*****************************

Yeah, these guys do look real bad when you compare them to the noble efforts
put out by Nancy Pelosi to bring relief at the pump to the American people.

laugh laugh laugh

Jim®

> Well, it diesn't really matter. Still it still hasn't sunk through
> the thick-as-an-I-Beam morons
> in the repug-stooge, glad-bagger, cheer-leader squad, that the
> idiot oil big wigs are all of:
>
> 1) too sciencitifically ignorant,
> 2) too engineering primitive,
> 3) too economically greedy,
> 4) too legally wrapped up with GM idiots
>
> to lower the price of anything other than bumper jacks for Hummvee
> idiots.
>
> *****************************
>
> Yeah, these guys do look real bad when you compare them to the noble efforts
> put out by Nancy Pelosi to bring relief at the pump to the American people.
>
> laugh laugh laugh

16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts;
and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons
in admiration because of advantage.

17But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before
of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last
time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

how few seek God for their deliverance and how many turn instead
to a government of men in admiration of advantage????

Bill DeFranzo

You make a valid point if gas prices are only falling in the U.S. I find it
hard to believe that the falling price of crude oil is not a world-wide
event!

"Krause Troutendanz" <dastroutendance@schprocketzens.com> wrote in message

> The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
> get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/08/news/economy/gas_prices/index.h...

Starkiller

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:15:11 -0400, Krause Troutendanz
<dastroutendance@schprocketzens.com> wrote:

>The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
>get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!
>
>http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/08/news/economy/gas_prices/index.h...

Moron, the price of crude has dropped roughly $25 a barrel in a month.
Plus everyone is trying to do what you dumb SOBs want which is
conserve. Less consumption creates less demand which in turn causes
prices to drop. If you stupid assholes needed the price to stay high
for your own selfish partisan political reasons then you should have
been preaching for everyone to keep using more.
_________________________

Perhaps the biggest factor behind the recent 18% drop in the price of
a barrel of crude is sinking North American demand. Federal Highway
Administration data show the number of miles driven in the U.S.
dropped from year-ago levels for the seventh straight month in May.

May's decline was the third-largest monthly drop on record since 1942,
says Stephen Schork, editor of the Schork Report energy and shipping
newsletter in Villanova, Pa.

Americans are driving 4% less now than they were a year ago, Rosenberg
writes, while energy use in inflation-adjusted terms has dropped 2% -
an event he calls "extremely rare."

The pullback comes after the recent crude-price surge - the cost of a
barrel doubled between Labor Day of 2007 and July 11 - seriously
damaged the industrial economy, which despite its long decline remains
a crucial source of better-paying jobs.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/04/news/oil.recession.fortune/index.htm?postversion=...

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is
big enough to take away everything you have.'

"You cannot enrich the poor by impoverishing the rich."

Felix D.

"Jim" <jimled@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>> Yeah, these guys do look real bad when you compare them to the noble
>> efforts
>> put out by Nancy Pelosi to bring relief at the pump to the American
>> people.
>>
>> laugh laugh laugh
>
> 16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts;
> and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons
> in admiration because of advantage.

What the fuck are you about? Walking on oil?

You remind me of the guy I met in Berkeley who told me: "I used to be all
fucked up on drugs; now I'm all fucked up on Jesus!"

Felix D.

"Starkiller" <NoSpam.SKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:15:11 -0400, Krause Troutendanz
> <dastroutendance@schprocketzens.com> wrote:
>

>>The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
>>get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!
>>
>>http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/08/news/economy/gas_prices/index.h...
>
> Moron, the price of crude has dropped roughly $25 a barrel in a month.
> Plus everyone is trying to do what you dumb SOBs want which is
> conserve. Less consumption creates less demand which in turn causes
> prices to drop. If you stupid assholes needed the price to stay high
> for your own selfish partisan political reasons then you should have
> been preaching for everyone to keep using more.
> _________________________
>
> Perhaps the biggest factor behind the recent 18% drop in the price of
> a barrel of crude is sinking North American demand. Federal Highway
> Administration data show the number of miles driven in the U.S.
> dropped from year-ago levels for the seventh straight month in May.

It's interesting that as we spend less on foreign oil, the value of the
dollar goes up. This drives the price of oil down even further.

Krause Troutendanz

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 07:22:01 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude
<kschadenfreude @comcast.net> wrote:

>In talk.politics.guns Krause Troutendanz
><dastroutendance@schprocketzens.com> wrote:
>

>>The morbidly obese oil company big wigs are lowering prices to try to
>>get another repugnut in office! Just like they did in 2006!
>>
>>http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/08/news/economy/gas_prices/index.h...
>
>Nominal retail prices for regular gas adjusted for inflation - cents
>per gallon

Congratulations, you just confirmed that George Bush jacked up gas
prices 65.7%, on average between 2001-2008 for an adjusted "real"
price of about $2.32 per gallon as opposed to $1.52 per gallon during
the Clinton years, from 1992-2000. We will ignore that those are
based on the consumer price index

You're quite the detective. No mention of the fact that the CPI (for
which those calculations are based on) has averaged 2.74 so far during
the Bush years compared to 2.57 during the Clinton years, so maybe you
should be more worried about inflation itself rather than prices
adjusted for inflation.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/cpi...

Educating the tards aside, please tell me what the hell any of this
has to do with the oil companies lowering gas prices just prior to an
election to try to get their good ole boy candidate in office?

Krause Troutendanz

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 20:12:03 GMT, "Bill DeFranzo"
<defranzo@verizon.net> wrote:

>You make a valid point if gas prices are only falling in the U.S. I find it
>hard to believe that the falling price of crude oil is not a world-wide
>event!

You seem to believe that other nations have no interest in who runs
the U.S.?