DaveX

3/1/2002 7:38:00 PM

Hi all,

I am sorry if it is repeating. Is there any other way I can access the
databased using
ODBC as the layer apart from ODBC.NET ? If yes, how ?

For example, I would like to use MyODBC 3.51 to access MySQL server
with ADO.NET, ASP.NET and ODBC.NET. I found a sample from MyODBC
faq for ODBC.NET, but couldn't able to collect info on how to use it for the
other cases. Can some one provide me a simple sample to access this ?

With thanks
DaveX, MinoX Systems Ltd

4 Answers

kin

I was tried. but only success with driver MyODBC 2.5. Can't connect with
MyODBC 3.51.

Anyone success?
kin
"DaveX" <myyoga2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am sorry if it is repeating. Is there any other way I can access the
> databased using
> ODBC as the layer apart from ODBC.NET ? If yes, how ?
>
> For example, I would like to use MyODBC 3.51 to access MySQL server
> with ADO.NET, ASP.NET and ODBC.NET. I found a sample from MyODBC
> faq for ODBC.NET, but couldn't able to collect info on how to use it for
the
> other cases. Can some one provide me a simple sample to access this ?
>
> With thanks
> DaveX, MinoX Systems Ltd

lynn

I have had trouble using the 3.51 driver as well. It
should be noted that the 3.51 driver is still classified
as a development driver, so I would stick with the 2.50
driver until it's declared stable.

Khaled Hammouda

I was able to connect to a MySQL server on a Linux box from Win2000 with
MyODBC 3.51. I'm using a System DSN (doesn't work with a User DSN); I didn't
try using a connection string yet, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't
work with a connection string as well.

Here's the code snippet that does the work (you can put that in the
Page_Load event for example):

------------------------
OdbcDataAdapter da = new OdbcDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM contacts",
"dsn=addressbook_mysql");

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
da.Fill(ds, "contacts");

DataGrid1.DataSource = ds.Tables["contacts"];
DataGrid1.DataBind();
------------------------

"kin" <return78@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was tried. but only success with driver MyODBC 2.5. Can't connect with
> MyODBC 3.51.
>
> Anyone success?
> kin
> "DaveX" <myyoga2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am sorry if it is repeating. Is there any other way I can access the
> > databased using
> > ODBC as the layer apart from ODBC.NET ? If yes, how ?
> >
> > For example, I would like to use MyODBC 3.51 to access MySQL server
> > with ADO.NET, ASP.NET and ODBC.NET. I found a sample from MyODBC
> > faq for ODBC.NET, but couldn't able to collect info on how to use it for
> the
> > other cases. Can some one provide me a simple sample to access this ?
> >
> > With thanks
> > DaveX, MinoX Systems Ltd

kin

The latest updated version driver (publish 2 days ago), MyODBC 3.51.02 is
working fine.