Chance Hopkins

2/27/2002 11:22:00 PM

Using the sample in the help file:

<script runat="server" language="c#">

public void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (Request.Browser["IsMobileDevice"] == "true" )
{
Response.Redirect("MOBILE/default.aspx");

}
else
{
Response.Redirect("DesktopDefault.asp");
}
}

</script>

for my default.aspx in my web I am getting great results with the emulator
(MME3.0 Win32 Emulator) but not with "real phones". This desired behavior
only seems to work on my local host as well. When I post the same code up on
the internet the emulator fails to get redirected.

Is there a list of supported devices anywhere? or/and can it be modified by
me or added to? According to the Object Browser this property of the request
object calls the corresponding property in the HttpBrowserCapabilities
Class. I seem to recall a ini file or something that was related to this in
vb6/asp. Is it similar now?

thx for any help

2 Answers

Shanku Niyogi

OpenWave gateways have an issue with partially qualified URLs (that don't
have the full URL name). To work around this, you can set the setting
'useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl", like so:

<httpRuntime useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true">

in your web.config.

Can you try this and see if it works better?

Thanks,
Shanku

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Using the sample in the help file:
>
> <script runat="server" language="c#">
>
> public void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> if (Request.Browser["IsMobileDevice"] == "true" )
> {
> Response.Redirect("MOBILE/default.aspx");
>
> }
> else
> {
> Response.Redirect("DesktopDefault.asp");
> }
> }
>
> </script>
>
> for my default.aspx in my web I am getting great results with the emulator
> (MME3.0 Win32 Emulator) but not with "real phones". This desired behavior
> only seems to work on my local host as well. When I post the same code up
on
> the internet the emulator fails to get redirected.
>
> Is there a list of supported devices anywhere? or/and can it be modified
by
> me or added to? According to the Object Browser this property of the
request
> object calls the corresponding property in the HttpBrowserCapabilities
> Class. I seem to recall a ini file or something that was related to this
in
> vb6/asp. Is it similar now?
>
> thx for any help

Chance Hopkins

Thanks for the info. I tried it and it still didn't work, so I did some
investigating and realised it was the fault of my own ignorance. I forgot to
delete my old default.asp, so my default.aspx wasn't actually loading. I
build my page out of a dll so all my link changes where still showing up,
pointing to the new DesktopDefault.aspx. Therefore I missed the error.