Informix database in ODBC.NET

Bob

2/27/2002 3:51:00 AM

Can someone please point me to an example of using an Informix database in
ODBC.NET?

I've already downloaded and installed ODBC.NET in Visual Studio Pro, but for
the life of me I can't find where to download the Informix driver or
examples of the proper connection string.... Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

2 Answers

(JP)

Hari Nam Singh

I have gotten Informix to work with ODBC.NET. The ODBC driver is provided
with your other Informix media.

The ODBC connection string was a pain to get working. I finally gave up, and
just set up a DSN and referenced that. Use the log to troubleshoot the
issues. There are some weird parameters that need to be set.