Re: What is missing in the live remote web server ?

William T

2/26/2002 1:11:00 AM

Thanks Shanku for the reply.

The trouble is not in the customerror config or the web.config file. The
server just cannot read aspx pages period and it has got the .NET
framework installed.

My aspx pages is just one line like Response.Write ("Hello World")
therefore there is no error for debugging

Something is definitly wrong with the .net framework installation BUT i
dont know what...HELP !!!

William T
Software Developer
http://www.Softwar...
William@Softwaremaker.Net

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Shanku Niyogi

I understand the trouble is not in the web.config file, but if your site has
the customErrors setting turned to off in the web.config, you'll get the
real error that's causing the problem, rather than the custom errors page.
You'll even get this for a simple Response.Write page. Just add a web.config
with that one line into your app directory, and hit one of the pages that is
causing an error - you will likely see a different message.

If that doesn't work for you, is there any way for you to get to the
physical machine itself? You could ask the technical support of your hosters
to check this, or use Terminal Services if that is available.

Thanks,
Shanku