Re: Mobile web form text box not getting cleared

Frank Tse [MS]

It seems that the default emulator of Nokia 3.0 tookit simply reloads the
problem doesn't occur on a different emulator for an actual device, such as
7110. In the 7110 case, the emulator does send another request back to the
server when hitting the back button and the textbox does get cleaned up.

If you really want to support the default Nokia toolkit emulator (which is
not in the original supported device list of MMIT
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...), you will need to:
1. Add a browserCaps config section in machine.config to identify the
emulator. (Documentation can be found in online help: Walkthrough: Adding
Support for Devices)
2. Set the capability hasBackButton = "true" for this emulator. This will
prevent the back softkey gets generated. (Help topic: Mobile Capabilities)
3. Add a link control in your second form for user to navigate back to the
4. You may want to do step 3 in a device specific content only for the
emulator so the extra link control doesnt' appear to other devices
unnecessary. (QuickStart Tutorial: Device-Specific Content)

Hope this help,
Frank