session variable and cookie question

Peter

can I write a Session variable or cookie in a mobile
device of Mobile Application just like in ASP.NET?
e.g. Session("var1")="testing"
How about the use of Forms Authentication in mobile
device? It depends on the Device capabilities or I can
still use session varialbe anyway? I tried to write and
then read a session variable in Mobile Appl., but fail.
Then, how can I store a variable for the use of differnt
ActiveForm?

Thanks,
Peter
1 Answer

Shanku Niyogi

Peter,

Yes, you can use the Session just like you would in a desktop application.
However, ASP.NET sessions themselves are normall keyed off a cookie, and a
lot of mobile devices don't support cookies. So, you need to turn on
cookieless session management, by adding the following line in your
web.config:

<sessionState cookieless="true" />

Forms authentication will also work, although again many devices require
that you use cookieless forms authentication, and this requires you to
configure the application manually. Please see the MMIT QuickStart for an
example.

Shanku