Remote object in IIS security question.

Jean-Francois Hamelin

My remote object are hosted in IIS, in order to access it I have to enable
anonymous access to the virtual directory otherwise I received an
unauthorized error.

Can I use windows integrated security? If yes how.

Thanks
JF

3 Answers

Sunny

Hi Jean-Francois,

In article <eRQl7PqaEHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
> Hi,
>
> My remote object are hosted in IIS, in order to access it I have to enable
> anonymous access to the virtual directory otherwise I received an
> unauthorized error.
>
> Can I use windows integrated security? If yes how.
>
> Thanks
> JF

The answer is yes. Read in MSDN under remoting / IIS-hosted.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/l...
us/cpguide/html/cpconhostingremoteobjectsininternetinformationservicesii
s.asp

Cheers
Sunny

Allen Anderson

yep, you can use integrated security with IIS and remoting. There are
several msdn articles that talk about this.

http://blogs.msdn.com/anantd/archive/2004/02/23/...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconRemotingExampleHostin...

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:42:58 -0400, "Jean-Francois Hamelin"
<againstunwantedmailinglist@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My remote object are hosted in IIS, in order to access it I have to enable
>anonymous access to the virtual directory otherwise I received an
>unauthorized error.
>
>Can I use windows integrated security? If yes how.
>
>Thanks
>JF

Jean-Francois Hamelin

Thanks for the reply