Adam Snider

7/14/2004 5:33:00 AM

I am new to .Net remoting and I'm trying to implement a simple example. I'm
using VB.Net and my code works as long as I have the following code:
"tcp://localhost:10000/PayablesDB"

on my own machine........but when I put it on a server over the internet and
try dial into it via the IP Address I cannot connect to it. Now the server
is on a router which is connected to many separate computers. So I'm using
the router IP Address since I cannot get into the specific server IP
Address. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam Snider

1 Answer

Sunny

I guess by router you mean gateway/firewall. Then, on this firewall IP
forwarding has to be enabled, so it forwards port 1000 to the right
server.
Also, at server side, you have to use machineName property when you
register the channel. Set this property to the IP address of the
firewall. This should work.

Sunny

In article <#BRQPKVaEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
adam.snider@comcast.net says...