byte array and remoting...

Prabhu Shastry

7/14/2004 12:10:00 AM

Hi group,
Can I pass a byte array from client to the remote object in a function
call? When I do, the byte array length looks correct in the function,
but the elements are all zeros! Any idea?

Client is written in C#.
Remote object is written in Managed C++

Thanks,
-Prabhu
1 Answer

Sunny

Hi Prabhu,
yes, you can. It should work. Arrays are passed by value, so you should
receive the whole content. I would suggest to switch to SOAP formatter
while develop, and use some HTTP sniffer to see what goes on the wire.
This way you can isolate where is the improper handling of the data, at
the server or at the client.

Sunny

P.S. I have used byte[], so I''m sure it works.

In article <eZWlfbTaEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, google@gilpi.com
says...