Help with "Invalid method signature" error (IIS hosted remoting

ajafry

My application is partitioned into 2 DLLs:
app.Core.DAL.dll (namespace app.Core.DAL - depends on
app.Common.Utils.dll)
app.Common.Utils.dll (namespace app.Common.Utils.DLL)

When I place these DLLs seperately into my IIS app directory and try
to use it via remoting I always get the following error:
---Begin error---
An unhandled exception of type
'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Invalid method signature 'a1:DALArgs
xsd:string'.
---End error---

If I combine these 2 DLLs into 1 and compile them to a DLL lets say
myDLL.dll, everything seems to work fine.

Remoting settings in my web.config file look like this:
--Begin web.config---
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<service>
<wellknown
mode="SingleCall" objectUri="myDAL.rem"
type="app.Core.DAL.AbstractDAL,app.Core.DAL"/>
</service>
<channels>
<channel ref="http"/>
</channels>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>
--end web.config---

What am I doing wrong with this? Is this possible?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ali
1 Answer

Sunny

Can you create a simple example which reproduces the problem?

Sunny

In article <dbbc8928.0407131311.37405711@posting.google.com>,
ajafry@yahoo.com says...