Erratic System.NullReferenceException

Harold

7/13/2004 6:31:00 PM

Hi I have a project I have client in PC A and server in PC B (SAO and
Singleton).

I get an instance of object in B and I pass to B a reference to another
object hosted in A in the same client process. Then from B I call a method
to object A sent.

This thing works fine allways in my lan, but some friends test this system
in 2 PCs direct connected by a cross RJ45 cable, so no DNS. and some times
work and some times does not. They have tested many PCs (fresh installed)
and the only combination that work sometimes is PC A on Windows Xp and PC B
on Win 2K.

Does the direct cable and no DNS server or windows domain has something to
do with this errors ?

Thanks

Harold J. A. Chelala

1 Answer

Allen Anderson

you might try using the technique I detail in this article. Problems
with remoting over various private networks with public networks or
non standard networking can sometimes be gotten around with this.

http://www.glacialcomp.../ArticleDetail.aspx?artic...

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...