Re: How to use remoting instead of web service?

Sanjeeva

7/13/2004 4:11:00 AM

try this link for beginners.
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/default.aspx?url=/qu...
owto/doc/Remoting/mainfeatures.aspx

"KC" <KC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am a beginner with .NET Remoting. I have a web service that calls a
component for a specific functionality. Currently clients are using this
webservice. Since my clients are internal to the company, all are on the
same platform. So I want use remoting instead of web service. How do i do
that?? Can I really implement remoting so that clients can access the
remotable types directly instead of through a webservice?? Please let me
know about this and also I would really appreciate if anybody can provide me
with samples in remoting.
> Thanks
> KC

2 Answers

TheSky

"BlackMonk" <BlackMonk@email.msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:hbct9g$1q7o$1@news.ett.com.ua...

> I suspect that their inability to read music has been exaggerated over the
> years. George Martin once said something about giving the horn players on
> Good Morning Good Morning their parts and John telling him that it was the
> wrong note because he didn't know about transposing. I think Paul also said
> something about learning to read music because it was something about music
> that he didn't know. I don't know of any quotes from George, but he is
> credited with the string arrangmenets on Jackie Lomax's first album.

On the back cover of "I me mine" (at least in the 2002 italian edition, by Rizzoli) there's a copy of four music sheet, "All Things
Must Pass", "Waiting On You All", "Art Of Dying" and "Bangala Desh", handwrited (with many subtile details) by Harrison.

TheSky

"TheSky" <cmhaha@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:4adae1b7$0$823$4fafbaef@reader5.news.tin.it...

> On the back cover of "I me mine" (at least in the 2002 italian edition, by Rizzoli) there's a copy of four music sheet, "All
> Things Must Pass", "Waiting On You All", "Art Of Dying" and "Bangala Desh", handwrited (with many subtile details) by Harrison.

Maybe I said something wrong. A following comparison with calligraphy in another handwrited sheet arose me some doubt.