Phil Jones

7/12/2004 5:21:00 AM

I'm building an app that handles events (on the client) of a Remoting object
retreived from a server.

The problem I'm getting is when I attempt to wire up the event I get the
following error:

<<< System.Security.SecurityException: Type
System.DelegateSerializationHolder and
the types derived from it (such as System.DelegateSerializationHolder)
are
not permitted to be deserialized at this security level.>>>

This raises a couple of questions:
1) What security policy settings do I have to change to make this work?
but 2) Should I actually be doing this! Is attaching to events a good idea
for remoting. It'd be really handy for what I'm doing, but I'm not sure if
it's the right way to go about it. Would a custom implementation of the
Observer pattern be better?

Thanks for any insights...

===
Phil
(Auckland | Aotearoa)

3 Answers

Jacky Kwok

Phil Jones wrote:
> I''m building an app that handles events (on the client) of a Remoting object
> retreived from a server.
>
> The problem I''m getting is when I attempt to wire up the event I get the
> following error:
>
> <<< System.Security.SecurityException: Type
> System.DelegateSerializationHolder and
> the types derived from it (such as System.DelegateSerializationHolder)
> are
> not permitted to be deserialized at this security level.>>>
>
> This raises a couple of questions:
> 1) What security policy settings do I have to change to make this work?
> but 2) Should I actually be doing this! Is attaching to events a good idea
> for remoting. It''d be really handy for what I''m doing, but I''m not sure if
> it''s the right way to go about it. Would a custom implementation of the
> Observer pattern be better?
>
> Thanks for any insights...
>
> ===
> Phil
> (Auckland | Aotearoa)

It is a default security setting in DOtnet 1.1. You can refer the
following to find the Workaround.

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/changeinfo/Backwards1.0to1.1/default.asp...

--
Jacky Kwok
jacky@alumni.cuhk.edu.hk

Phil Jones

Thanks Jacky - that sheds light on the problem :)

Much appreciated
===
Phil

Phil Jones

Jacky - thanks for that. That's totally the problem - and I don't think I
would ever have found that on my own steam
Much appreciated!
===
Phil