nahur

7/11/2004 5:31:00 AM

folks

i am trying out th sample multiserver application from I.
Rammer
eg 3.20 3.21 and the client

in which i have 2 servers and object from oneserver is passed on to the
other server via the client

i get the following

An unhandled exception of type
'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Because of security restrictions, the type
System.Runtime.Remoting.ObjRef cannot be accessed.

when i try to
workerobj.doSomething(obj); this is the line that sends the obj(server1) to
server2

nahur

2 Answers

Ken Kolda

You need to set the TypeFilterlevel to Full. See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconautomaticdeserializationinnetre...

Ken

"nahur" <nahur@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> folks
>
> i am trying out th sample multiserver application from I.
> Rammer
> eg 3.20 3.21 and the client
>
> in which i have 2 servers and object from oneserver is passed on to the
> other server via the client
>
> i get the following
>
> An unhandled exception of type
> ''System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException'' occurred in
> mscorlib.dll
>
> Additional information: Because of security restrictions, the type
> System.Runtime.Remoting.ObjRef cannot be accessed.
>

> when i try to
> workerobj.doSomething(obj); this is the line that sends the obj(server1)
> server2
>

> nahur

Allen Anderson

Ingo''s book was written for .net 1.0. You just need to fix up the
typefilterlevel to full to fix the problem. Check this article for
more information.

http://www.glacialcomp.../ArticleDetail.aspx?articleID=Serializatio...

Cheers,
Allen Anderson