Asynchronous Remoting and BeginInvoke

Jon Turner

7/8/2004 1:21:00 PM

Do I need to be concerned about thread availability when
I call BeginInvoice on my delegate or will the delegate be
queued up into the thread pool work queue and executed
once a thread is free ? I guess another point to my question
is Will my BeginInvoke call ever be blocked for any period
of time ?

Thanks In Advance

2 Answers

Allen Anderson

begininvoke doesn''t block even if the thread you call doesn''t get
started immediately. It should put the request in a que and wait till
a thread from the pool becomes available.

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:20:33 -0400, "Jon Turner" <jon.turner@mail.com>
wrote:

>Do I need to be concerned about thread availability when
>I call BeginInvoice on my delegate or will the delegate be
>queued up into the thread pool work queue and executed
>once a thread is free ? I guess another point to my question
>is Will my BeginInvoke call ever be blocked for any period
>of time ?
>
>Thanks In Advance

Sunny

BeginInvoke uses a thread from the ThreadPool, so if there is no one
available, it will be queued. No blocking.

Sunny

In article <OMbub5OZEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, jon.turner@mail.com
says...