stewart.menday

7/6/2004 8:08:00 AM

Hi

How do you stop unwanted uses running objects on the server? The
server has an open tcp channel with a few activated objects, what is
the best way to restrict access to these objects.

Thanks

Stew
3 Answers

Sunny

Please define "unwanted".

Sunny

In article <a509b7ce.0407060007.5944d36e@posting.google.com>,
stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> Hi
>
> How do you stop unwanted uses running objects on the server? The
> server has an open tcp channel with a few activated objects, what is
> the best way to restrict access to these objects.
>

> Thanks
>
> Stew

Allen Anderson

the way I do this is by making use of the tracking handler. If you
check their IP on the tracking handler, then you can accept or deny at
will. I wrote an article that deals with some similar topics, ignore
the gist of the article and take the tracking handler stuff.

http://www.glacialcomp.../ArticleDetail.aspx?artic...

Cheers,
Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website base here.com

On 6 Jul 2004 01:07:48 -0700, stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au (stewart)
wrote:

>Hi
>
>How do you stop unwanted uses running objects on the server? The
>server has an open tcp channel with a few activated objects, what is
>the best way to restrict access to these objects.
>

>Thanks
>
>Stew

stewart.menday

Allen

Thanks for the help, you knowlage is awsome. How do I get the IP of
the caller? I assume its in or.ChannelInfo.ChannelData somewhere but
the documentation in this area isn''t very good.

Thanks

Stewart