Remoting Service calling local remoting Service

timasmith

I have a remoting service which works fine:

RemotingConfiguration.Configure("Services.exe.config");
RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(typeof(LogService),
"LogService",WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton);

Any client app can call it fine with the following code:

LogService logService = (LogService)
Activator.GetObject(typeof(LogService),
serviceUrl + "/LogService","");

However when a second service tries to start and THE SERVICE calls the
LogService with the above call I get an error:

Unable to connect to log service The channel tcp is already
registered.

Can anyone explain?

thanks
1 Answer

Sunny

How you register the channels?

At client side use port 0, which means that the system will select a
port for you.

You can not have more than one processes using the same port.

Sunny

In article <a7234bb1.0407042245.6efe85af@posting.google.com>,
timasmith@hotmail.com says...