Passing a MBR object by value

stewart.menday

7/5/2004 5:02:00 AM

Hi

Is it possible to pass a copy of an object from the server to the
client that inherits from MarshalByRefObject?. I have an object where
it makes sence to copy it sometimes and to refer to it by reference at
other times, is this possible.

Thanks

Stew
25 Answers

Sunny

You have to srialize it manually.

Sunny

In article <a509b7ce.0407042102.624cb669@posting.google.com>,
stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to pass a copy of an object from the server to the
> client that inherits from MarshalByRefObject?. I have an object where
> it makes sence to copy it sometimes and to refer to it by reference at
> other times, is this possible.
>
> Thanks
>
> Stew

stewart.menday

Sunny

Do you have any links to articals on how to do this?

Thanks

Stewart.

Sunny <sunny@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:<eNSZPE3YEHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> You have to srialize it manually.
>
> Sunny
>
> In article <a509b7ce.0407042102.624cb669@posting.google.com>,
> stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> > Hi
> >
> > Is it possible to pass a copy of an object from the server to the
> > client that inherits from MarshalByRefObject?. I have an object where
> > it makes sence to copy it sometimes and to refer to it by reference at
> > other times, is this possible.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Stew

Sunny

In MSDN:

ms-
help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2004JAN.1033/cpguide/html/cpconbasicseria
lization.htm

Watch out for linewrap in the link.

Sunny

In article <a509b7ce.0407071552.4c4706bb@posting.google.com>,
stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> Sunny
>
> Do you have any links to articals on how to do this?
>

> Thanks
>
> Stewart.
>
> Sunny <sunny@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:<eNSZPE3YEHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> > You have to srialize it manually.
> >
> > Sunny
> >
> > In article <a509b7ce.0407042102.624cb669@posting.google.com>,
> > stewart.menday@ccipope.com.au says...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Is it possible to pass a copy of an object from the server to the
> > > client that inherits from MarshalByRefObject?. I have an object where
> > > it makes sence to copy it sometimes and to refer to it by reference at
> > > other times, is this possible.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Stew

really real

>> What you're asking for us to do here is to become your partner in
>> crime. What you're up to is illegal. Those recordings do not belong to
>> you. You only have the right to listen. Go out and buy another disc if
>> you want another copy. You're STEALING iffin` you don't.
>
> When you purchase a CD, you are entitled by the law to make a safety
> backup copy. Your FUD tactics is bullshit.

Cd ripping is supposed to be illegal? I can't put a song from my cd onto
my iPod? Wow, where did that guy get that idea?

There was a time when Disney sued the videotape makers for copying tv
show but they lost. And this was about over the air broadcasting, not
about copying things you already own.

According to that logic, I wouldn't be allowed to put wave files onto my
iPod, only the crummy format that iTunes would sell me.

The Nice Mean Man

On Oct 15, 1:05 pm, Alex <alexbunard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 9:59 am, The Nice Mean Man <hitherandyon...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 15, 12:35 pm, really real <reallyr...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > > I rip a lot of songs from cds, and am a bit dismayed that my Roxio Easy
> > > Media Creator 10 no longer works and the company no longer supports it.
> > > I could pay $60 for an upgrade, but I'm wondering if there isn't a
> > > better program I could use, one that will actually keep working for more
> > > than a year or so.
>
> > > At least this version of Roxio didn't destroy my registry like the Roxio
> > > 6 did. Thank heaven for small miracles.
>
> > > I could use iTunes for ripping but I use that program for loading wave
> > > files onto my iPod and I like the way it synchs with the library. iTunes
> > > however, does not recognize track names the way Roxio does, and if I
> > > redirect iTunes to not use their goofy folder system, it won't be as
> > > useful for iPod loading.
>
> > > Can anyone recommend a decent CD ripping program?
>
> > What you're asking for us to do here is to become your partner in
> > crime. What you're up to is illegal. Those recordings do not belong to
> > you. You only have the right to listen. Go out and buy another disc if
> > you want another copy. You're STEALING iffin` you don't.
>
> When you purchase a CD, you are entitled by the law to make a safety
> backup copy. Your FUD tactics is bullshit.
>
> Alex- Hide quoted text -

Bullshit! Read the Goddamned notice. It says that the FBI will
investigate copyright infringements, even where no financial gain is
to be had.

Maybe you need to be reported. That should convince you. I'm sending
this entire thread to the Feds, as well as to the boys over at ASCAP
and BMI. They take the theft of their property seriously. Fucking
Goddamned thief.

Alex

On Oct 15, 10:14 am, The Nice Mean Man <hitherandyon...@aol.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 15, 1:05 pm, Alex <alexbunard...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What you're asking for us to do here is to become your partner in
> > > crime. What you're up to is illegal. Those recordings do not belong to
> > > you. You only have the right to listen. Go out and buy another disc if
> > > you want another copy. You're STEALING iffin` you don't.
>
> > When you purchase a CD, you are entitled by the law to make a safety
> > backup copy. Your FUD tactics is bullshit.
>
> > Alex- Hide quoted text -

> Bullshit! Read the Goddamned notice. It says that the FBI will
> investigate copyright infringements, even where no financial gain is
> to be had.
>
> Maybe you need to be reported. That should convince you. I'm sending
> this entire thread to the Feds, as well as to the boys over at ASCAP
> and BMI. They take the theft of their property seriously. Fucking
> Goddamned thief.

I am already reported, so your reporting would be redundant. However
you choose to waste your days here on planet Earth is your business,
so I have no comments to add.

It's funny how you're making an assumption that I am ripping CDs
without having any evidence to support your claims. This act of
defaming me is grounds for serious lawsuit.

Expect the call from my lawyer, motherfucker!

Alex

Jeff

On Oct 15, 1:24 pm, Alex <alexbunard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 10:14 am, The Nice Mean Man <hitherandyon...@aol.com>
> wrote:

> > > When you purchase a CD, you are entitled by the law to make a safety
> > > backup copy. Your FUD tactics is bullshit.
>
> > > Alex- Hide quoted text -

> > Bullshit! Read the Goddamned notice. It says that the FBI will
> > investigate copyright infringements, even where no financial gain is
> > to be had.
>
> > Maybe you need to be reported. That should convince you. I'm sending
> > this entire thread to the Feds, as well as to the boys over at ASCAP
> > and BMI. They take the theft of their property seriously. Fucking
> > Goddamned thief.
>
> I am already reported, so your reporting would be redundant. However
> you choose to waste your days here on planet Earth is your business,
> so I have no comments to add.
>
> It's funny how you're making an assumption that I am ripping CDs
> without having any evidence to support your claims. This act of
> defaming me is grounds for serious lawsuit.
>
> Expect the call from my lawyer, motherfucker!
>
> Alex

:-)

really real

> Bullshit! Read the Goddamned notice. It says that the FBI will
> investigate copyright infringements, even where no financial gain is
> to be had.
>
> Maybe you need to be reported. That should convince you. I'm sending
> this entire thread to the Feds, as well as to the boys over at ASCAP
> and BMI. They take the theft of their property seriously. Fucking
> Goddamned thief.

Sorry, I didn't recognize your humour here. I thought you were serious

Obviously the FBI notice doesn't say they will investigate any copying
even where no financial gain is to be had. Your joke is based on very
loose reading and isn't all that funny.

A much more serious issue for me is how they're able to mess up a dvd
that I buy with their ugly messages. Can you imagine of all cds started
that way?

The Nice Mean Man

On Oct 15, 2:58 pm, really real <reallyr...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Bullshit! Read the Goddamned notice. It says that the FBI will
> > investigate copyright infringements, even where no financial gain is
> > to be had.
>
> > Maybe you need to be reported. That should convince you. I'm sending
> > this entire thread to the Feds, as well as to the boys over at ASCAP
> > and BMI. They take the theft of their property seriously. Fucking
> > Goddamned thief.
>
> Sorry, I didn't recognize your humour here. I thought you were serious
>
> Obviously the FBI notice doesn't say they will investigate any copying
> even where no financial gain is to be had. Your joke is based on very
> loose reading and isn't all that funny.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2pt9r...

<snip>

RichL

really real <reallyreal@shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Bullshit! Read the Goddamned notice. It says that the FBI will
>> investigate copyright infringements, even where no financial gain is
>> to be had.
>>
>> Maybe you need to be reported. That should convince you. I'm sending
>> this entire thread to the Feds, as well as to the boys over at ASCAP
>> and BMI. They take the theft of their property seriously. Fucking
>> Goddamned thief.
>
> Sorry, I didn't recognize your humour here. I thought you were serious
>
> Obviously the FBI notice doesn't say they will investigate any copying
> even where no financial gain is to be had. Your joke is based on very
> loose reading and isn't all that funny.

Actually, believe it or not, he's right (at least part-way), at least if
you're in the US. For instance, if you made copies of CDs to give away
to friends, you'd be in violation of copyright law even if you didn't
charge them for the CDs.